Home

Super Bowl 44 - The Super, Way TOO-Early Prediction: Vikings/Patriots

This is a discussion on Super Bowl 44 - The Super, Way TOO-Early Prediction: Vikings/Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Super Bowl 44 - The Super, Way TOO-Early Prediction: Vikings/Patriots

I think at this point with all the history behind us, it should be apparent that no pick is impossible, especially in today's NFL. Who thought the Cardinals would've ever made the Super Bowl in their lifetime? My guess is nobody, not even the biggest Cardinals fan.

The worst team in Football could wind up winning it. In today's NFL anything can happen, and that's one of the reasons why it's so exciting to watch.

That said, I'll take Ravens over Cowboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 02:43 AM   #42
Rookie

beefjohnson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Here's a prediction that should come true. Panthers don't make the playoffs next year. If I've learned anything from John Fox's tenure here, it's that a solid season is always followed by a sub-par season. Panthers will play ~.500 ball next year guaranteed.

As for the Super Bowl, I'll take Patriots over Saints. Seriously.

way to be behind the home team there buddy.....eh its your opinion so..its respected haha

Me personally...I see an improved defense with getting rid of lucas and drafting Everette Brown..looks to be a good fill on our line..but you can never do anything with rookies but wait and see. Peppers signed his tender so he's here for the year..but this year only as of now..unlike some people I expect another good year from him just so he can work the money for that long term contract whether he decides to stay here or go somewhere else. Harris is always a beast....and our group of linebackers to me are way overlooked. Godfrey didnt do too bad and he can only get better.

Delhomme..who knows...im not a lover nor a ***** of the guy. If he plays good..I'll give props..if he pulls one of his games where he's Mr. Turnover...he's gonna hear about it.
D-Will and Stewart will be a force again im hoping due to we still have a good O-Line.
Smith and Moose...well everyone knows what to expect from them from watching them through the years. Hopefully we will finally have that 3rd reciever in Jarrett. He seems like he's understanding it better and improved alot since he's been here.

Idk..to some they think history will repeat itself and since Carolina came in first, their due to come in last this year in the NFC south. But really we still have the same team that went 12-4 with a few what appear to be improvements threw in from the draft. I expect the same if not a little better offense, and a more aggressive defense that will not allow near as many points as they did under Trgovac......

since i love my team..ofcourse I would love to see a Patriots and Panthers rematch from 03

if not the Panthers...I want to see someone new in it...or someone who hasnt had the best of luck the past few years. Bring on Buffalo....Detroit..Cleveland. I loved last year (besides the fact we were murdered by Arizona), but after that game I wanted Arizona to win the Super Bowl because they came in the season....not even listed as a super bowl contender..flew under the radar and nearly won that game. Thats the fun of it...ofcourse I want to see my team take it every year but thats not realistic to any team...I just want some football

Last edited by beefjohnson; 06-29-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 AM   #43
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Redskins vs Browns
Old 06-29-2009, 04:13 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjohnson
way to be behind the home team there buddy.....eh its your opinion so..its respected haha
I'll watch every game, attend a few games, and pull for them all year. I just call it how I see it though. I hope I'm dead wrong, but with our schedule and our history I see us going around 8-8 this year.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #45
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Redskins vs Browns

The Redskins are a VERY talented team, though. If Zorn and Campbell can get on the same page this team has as good a shot at the big game as anyone.

Even though Campbell is getting all the blame, Zorn's system and playcalling are more of a problem. He doesn't utilize play-action even though his personnel is ideal for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

AFC East - Patriots (2)
AFC North - Steelers (3)
AFC South - Texans (4)
AFC West - Chargers (1)
AFC WC - Colts (5)
AFC WC - Bengals (6)

NFC East - Eagles (1)
NFC North - Packers (2)
NFC South - Falcons (3)
NFC West - Rams (4)
NFC WC - Giants (5)
NFC WC - Saints (6)

Wild Card Round
Bengals OVER Steelers
Colts OVER Texans
Falcons OVER Saints
Giants OVER Rams

Divisional Round
Chargers OVER Bengals
Patriots OVER Colts
Eagles OVER Giants
Falcons OVER Packers

Conference Championships
Patriots OVER Chargers
Falcons OVER Eagles

Super Bowl 44
Falcons - Patriots
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 9

^That's an interesting prediction. I don't necessarily agree, but I like the way you broke-down the whole playoffs. That's really cool. TG always gives a team a better chance at a deep playoff run.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

The Titans will win the Super Bowl against the Eagles.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »