Home

A Bit of Role Reversal for T.O.

This is a discussion on A Bit of Role Reversal for T.O. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: A Bit of Role Reversal for T.O.

I hope it makes T.O. better. I like T.O. and Randy and Chad. We all have an opportunity to learn from our every mistake, it's just a matter of taking those opportunities and making the most of them.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 42

I'm not hating on T.O. guys, I just know he has flaws in his personality that aren't going to be fixed by a hot model cussing him out.

I know he is still valuable on the field but have always wondered when/if he was going to adopt the veteran mentor role (ie like Chris Carter did for Moss). I've read that it's a sticking point for alot of coaches that he doesn't interact with the young recievers.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #11
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Why not have him interact with the young guys? All TO does is practice & play harder than almost anyone else on the field. The guy didn't get handed anything in the league, he was a 3rd round pick from a small school who was lost in the shuffle on a competitive 49ers roster. His work ethic alone & his desire to be a better player was what allowed SF brass to jetison Rice in favor of him. Not only that, he's helped every single QB he's ever played with reach statistical heights and Pro Bowls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #12
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
TO gets a bad rap bc people only look at the surface. Yes, he's a disruptive force but why? He's an amazing football player who works very hard and wants to win. If anyone screws up, he holds them accountable and chews into him. To him, this is normal behavior and my guess is he'd have no problem having them do the same to him. Problem is, normal people realize that mistakes happen and you don't just tear into people like that.

So for her to do pretty much the same thing to him in this situation is funny, but also may show him a perspective of it that no one else could get through to him bc he's so stubborn.

People group the likes of TO, Chad 85 and Moss but they're all different... and all better in some ways and worse in others. I don't see that changing either Chad or Moss one bit, but I could see it making TO think. You could tell he was feeling bad during the show when she was piling on. We'll see. I'm DEFINITELY not expecting it to change him, but wouldn't be shocked. It's strange what can make people "get it" sometimes.
Wwharton - Please dude...He's a great player, YES...BUT...TO doesn't hold himself accountable to the same degree he does his subordinates. In fact...he's always pointing the finger at someone else, but as they say when you point the finger at someone else FOUR MORE point back at you.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #13
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Blah, this was a setup. The losing and the blow-up afterwards. Plus, they are coming back on the show despite losing. I find it funny how deep this thread is with maybe T.O. learning a lesson. It was all an act for the show. Besides, Terrell only becomes Terrible Terrell when it is about football (if you haven't noticed by now). He may give some lip on this show, but it won't be anything serious.

And I am officially a Joanna Krupa fan. Freakin' hot Euro bitch with a foul mouth. Bring her to P2K at once!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Why not have him interact with the young guys? All TO does is practice & play harder than almost anyone else on the field. The guy didn't get handed anything in the league, he was a 3rd round pick from a small school who was lost in the shuffle on a competitive 49ers roster. His work ethic alone & his desire to be a better player was what allowed SF brass to jetison Rice in favor of him. Not only that, he's helped every single QB he's ever played with reach statistical heights and Pro Bowls.
Dude, if that was all TO did he wouldn't be preparing to play for his fourth different team since 2003.

The guys on PTI seemed to think this whole thing was staged. I didn't see it so I can't comment, but I find it hard to believe Owens would put up with that if it was legit.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #15

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

That was funny as hell. Now he knows how it feels and maybe it will make him realize to shut up and play sometimes but, I doubt it. Once TO is on the field he will be the same TO and we'll eventually see him chewing out his teammates. Its who he is deep down and thats not going to change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 32

I am still mad that we cut him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »