Home

What position does Tebow play in the NFL?

This is a discussion on What position does Tebow play in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: What position does Tebow play in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
GUTS

DO DO DO YOU HAVE IT?

GUTS
IT'S THE AGGRO CRAG!!!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #18
Rookie

Bona Fide's Arena

OVR: 6

I think he'll make an awesome chaplain for some team. He could lead the team in prayer before and after the games. Also, during games he can hold the clipboard!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'll need to see him throw from under center more often and not that jump pass or flip stuff, but actual 5 and 7 step drops on a regular basis, starting from center that results in a pass and not a run. I realize the offense he's in doesn't call for that on a regular basis, but that fact is irrelevant in regards to projecting to the pro level. It's something he's going to have to be able to do, and so far QB's from Collegiate offenses that don't do that have had big problems in the NFL (Akili Smith, Alex Smith, Vince Young... any QB who played for the Houston Cougars, lol... just to name a few).
I have a couple questions, one to do with you and the other about Tebow

1. You seem to know a lot about football and in another thread I see you have watched raw game film of Tom Brady. Do you work for an NFL team or something?

2. About Tebow, would his prospects be better at QB if he played in a system like NE, AZ, and KC where they've gone to the shotgun a lot? I think I heard somewhere that last year or the year before the Pats ran plays from the shotgun formation 80% of the time.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I have a couple questions, one to do with you and the other about Tebow

1. You seem to know a lot about football and in another thread I see you have watched raw game film of Tom Brady. Do you work for an NFL team or something?
No, I wish I did, lol.

I sometimes get film from a source/method that if I mentioned it here on OS it would be against the TOS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
2. About Tebow, would his prospects be better at QB if he played in a system like NE, AZ, and KC where they've gone to the shotgun a lot? I think I heard somewhere that last year or the year before the Pats ran plays from the shotgun formation 80% of the time.
That alone wouldn't be enough because many of his issues have to do with what he's doing when he's set and reading. If he can fix the issues he has after dropping back, then I think he could be something special.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #21
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Just in case you wanted to know, this is where I know you haven't seen Tebow play much.

Tebow will be a QB, and he will be a good QB. Just because Tebow can take hits, can dish out hits and can run doesn't mean he cannot be a QB.

Tebow's arm is very good, his accuracy is pretty damn good as well. Someone will and should pick him to be a QB in the NFL. Ironically, I would say that Tebow will be a lot like Ben Rothlisburger.
Tebow doesn't have NEAR the arm that Roethlisberger has.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #22
six
Banned

OVR: 6

All of you people saying Tebow doesn't have a good enough arm to get to the NFL obviously are jealous Big XII and Big Ten fans that are mad cause Tebow humiliates your teams...

I am a Kentucky fan and I can assure you Tebow has a very good arm...I've seen him drop back and drop 50+ yard bombs on UK defense....now UK's defense isn't the best but the point is he can throw the long bomb, I've seen him do it and he's fairly accurate.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #23
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Okay...

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #24
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Large Ben's arm is actually very overrated... it's not that strong... trust me.

Someone will give Superman a shot at quarterback. He's too decorated and too great a competitor to not get a shot. Even if he just ends up a journey man and decent #2, he'll be a QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »