Home

Suggs gets $63M over 6 years

This is a discussion on Suggs gets $63M over 6 years within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Suggs gets $63M over 6 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I actually don't know if he's the future of the Ravens D. The MLB spot is like the QB on D by nature... along with the spot that Ed Reed holds (the future for many obvious reasons). I really hope he plays out this contract but I can see him cashing in the fat checks on the front end then asking to renegotiate when it gets to the back end, and the Ravens trading him away. Suggs is a beast but people still draft offense heavy so much that he can be more easily replaced than some other positions (if necessary).

I didn't want to see him included in a trade for Boldin (they could use him, he went to school out there) but I wouldn't have been surprised if it happened if he wasn't signed by 4pm today.
This is definitely the trend nowadays.

Look at Urlacher...he signed a, I believe, 8 year deal with a lucrative signing bonus and once the big checks stop coming in, and he sees the deals that currently being doled out he complains and renegotiates.

I really dont like this trend.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I agree...the teams have issues that bug me as well. Players take the early extension ("safety net"), instead of risking that their play will go down and they won't make as much. Look at Dockett vs. Dansby. Dansby is gonna get a hella big contract next year, but he's taking the risk of getting hurt. Dockett took the smaller but safe payout, but now sees what Dansby's getting offered and feels gypped.
true
Old 07-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel55
This is definitely the trend nowadays.

Look at Urlacher...he signed a, I believe, 8 year deal with a lucrative signing bonus and once the big checks stop coming in, and he sees the deals that currently being doled out he complains and renegotiates.

I really dont like this trend.
Why? You aren't the one paying the money. If your front office is smart and well run they will make the best choice with the player.

Plus when the cap increases by leaps and bounds, it really doesn't matter much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 27

For the most part, a lot of players never play these big contracts out anyway. Going into his 7th year already in the league... he'll never play that out. I give him 3 years of that deal, 4 tops and I expect it to be modified at some point for one reason or another.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

And now the price point for Ware and Merriman has been set.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Suggs is worth the money!!

Big Ray is only gonna be around 1 or 2 years at the MOST and Suggs will be the leader of the D after he leaves (well he'll split the lead with Ed Reed)
So they need him badly, and he's worth the money, no doubt, plus he is so underrated IMO.
W/O him the Ravens would be a diff defense and if any team got hold of him, he'd be the man.

He is in the top 5 FOR SURE for 3-4 ENDS/OLBS
Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Why? You aren't the one paying the money. If your front office is smart and well run they will make the best choice with the player.

Plus when the cap increases by leaps and bounds, it really doesn't matter much
Well, for one, it handcuffs the organization...particularly in his case.

The timing Urlacher did it at last season didnt leave the organization many options. He just had back surgery and he probably wouldnt bring equitable value on the market...he pretty much left the Bears no option but to re-sign.

He ended up having the worst season of his career last year as well...no matter what our front office did we were handcuffed, so we took the lesser of two evils.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

dude that was urlacher, SUGGS is healthy, and has been most of his career, you cant compare..

but since you brought it up, i expect Urlacher to have a huge comeback year, he is also worth the money, he's the best MLB in the NFL outside of big Ray IMO

and unless the vikes get Favre, da Bears own the NFC north this year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »