Home

Favre decision

This is a discussion on Favre decision within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #17
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Favre decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I'm just glad we don't have to go thru this anymore.
Didn't we all say that last year?

As far as I'm concerned, Brett isn't retired until week one and he hasn't signed.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 42

It seems he thinks the all time leader in interceptions record is still reachable so he'd like another season to pad that stat column.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #19
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Can someone please explain this whole Favre thing. Last year he messed the Packers around so much that they went with Rogers which as far as i can ascertain pissed him off. He then goes to the Jets for a year whereupon he then decides to retire and now he wants to play for the Vikes, so basically he just wants to stick it to the Pack after them moving on without him. Is this correct or am i wrong?

Last edited by jr86; 07-19-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #20
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Can someone please explain this whole Favre thing. Last year he messed the Packers around so much that they went with Rogers which as far as i can ascertain pissed him off. He then goes to the Jets for a year whereupon he then decides to retire and now he wants to play for the Vikes, so basically he just wants to stick it to the Pack after them moving on without him. Is this correct or am i wrong?
You are really close. The one thing you are missing is, I think the retirement from the Jets was entirely to get released so he could go to the Vikings. I don't see any other reason the Vikes would have pulled out of the Cutler talks when they did. They had a chance to get a 4,500 yd passing qb that is still young to team with AP for years. They already have one of the best o-lines and d-lines in the game. It smells to me they pulled out of the Cutler talks and got Sage as a backup plan if Brett didn't go. But I think it has been the plan all along(since the trade to the Jets) that he would play one year in NY and then go to the Vikes to get back and TedT.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
You are really close. The one thing you are missing is, I think the retirement from the Jets was entirely to get released so he could go to the Vikings. I don't see any other reason the Vikes would have pulled out of the Cutler talks when they did. They had a chance to get a 4,500 yd passing qb that is still young to team with AP for years. They already have one of the best o-lines and d-lines in the game. It smells to me they pulled out of the Cutler talks and got Sage as a backup plan if Brett didn't go. But I think it has been the plan all along(since the trade to the Jets) that he would play one year in NY and then go to the Vikes to get back and TedT.
Ok thanks for that it clears it up a bit
Wow what a classless act
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Didn't we all say that last year?

As far as I'm concerned, Brett isn't retired until week one and he hasn't signed.
Pretty sure the "we" he meant was the Packers and their fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Ok thanks for that it clears it up a bit
Wow what a classless act
Add to that how hard he "seemed" to be trying to go to the Vikings when he was demanding a trade from the Packers. The Vikings got accused of tampering and the interest from both parties seemed to magically go away... only to come back again after his year with the Jets (even though he said he was positively retiring... again).
Old 07-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

He said last week his decision will be July 30th.

He feels good now, but doesn't want to say yes, and not be 100% injury free.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Favre is never going to be 100% injury free again so that shouldn't even be an issue with him anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »