Home

Ex-coach paid to be quiet

This is a discussion on Ex-coach paid to be quiet within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #25
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Ex-coach paid to be quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
LA. The NFL is dying for another LA team. And it may not be a loyal fanbase, but it's many times larger.
Ya... thats not going to happen. Pat Bowlen is not in it for the money, he wants championships. As for the money part, he's got a long *** line for his season tickets and he has no problem selling out every home game.

I grew up in San Diego and with the amount of activities to do, a team struggling gets put on the side for everything else. You also have the enormous melting pot of fans from all over now living in Southern California.

Last edited by av7; 07-21-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #26
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
No one went to the Rams games. No one went to the Raiders games. LA just ain't a pro football town.

Denver, on the other hand, is Bronco nuts.
Actually the Rams sold well when they were in LA. It's when they moved to Anaheim that people stopped going to games. They used to regularly sell out the LA coliseum.

The rest of your post I agree with but you know damn well the NFL sees big bucks in TV revenue with a team in LA.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #27
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Ya... thats not going to happen. Pat Bowlen is not in it for the money, he wants championships. As for the money part, he's got a long *** line for his season tickets and he has no problem selling out every home game.

I grew up in San Diego and with the amount of activities to do, a team struggling gets put on the side for everything else. You also have the enormous melting pot of fans from all over now living in Southern California.
He fired one of the best coaches in the league and replaced him with a clown. The team has been mediocre since Elway left (11 years ago), so I don't have much confidence in the ownership.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
He fired one of the best coaches in the league and replaced him with a clown. The team has been mediocre since Elway left (11 years ago), so I don't have much confidence in the ownership.
Maybe it was the coach that was mediocre without Elway. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Just a thought.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #29
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

To say the Broncos would move out of Denver to LA is downright ridiculous. There as much apart of the city as some of the more elite franchises in the league. The team, despite rare mediocre seasons, is always competitive and keeps the fans packed in the stadiums. I seriously doubt the Broncos would move out anytime soon unless the franchise somehow takes a major nosedive (ala Lions) in the next few seasons and the owner becomes the new Al Davis.

Hmmmmmm... but to play devil's advocate: that would make sense as to why a team favorite (coach) was fired in Shannahan, why they let go of their young, franchise QB (Cutler) and that they've entertained moving their best player (Marshall). Get some negative feelings towards the franchise, lose fan base, relocate. No way, that sounds way too crazy, though.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #30
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
To say the Broncos would move out of Denver to LA is downright ridiculous. There as much apart of the city as some of the more elite franchises in the league. The team, despite rare mediocre seasons, is always competitive and keeps the fans packed in the stadiums. I seriously doubt the Broncos would move out anytime soon unless the franchise somehow takes a major nosedive (ala Lions) in the next few seasons and the owner becomes the new Al Davis.

Hmmmmmm... but to play devil's advocate: that would make sense as to why a team favorite (coach) was fired in Shannahan, why they let go of their young, franchise QB (Cutler) and that they've entertained moving their best player (Marshall). Get some negative feelings towards the franchise, lose fan base, relocate. No way, that sounds way too crazy, though.
No one actually said they were moving so not saying they are moving isn't so rediculous. What I said was misinterpreted do to me not being very clear. So there really isn't any reason to continue the discussion of how rediculous it is to say they are moving because no one is saying it.

Now for teams that might move to LA, lets consider the Vikings following their NBA counterparts the Lakers.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #31
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I wish the owner was going senile then maybe we can trade for B. Dawk back. Maybe he even forgot what B.Dawk has done and releases him, lol. But staying on topic 7 mil is alot just to *keep quiet*. Normally coaches get buyout clauses not "keep your mouth shut" clauses. It would be really dumb to move the Broncos but their has to be something secretive within the organization they don't want the public to know, who knows who cares I just want B. Dawk back!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #32
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Maybe it was the coach that was mediocre without Elway. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Just a thought.
He looked like he was building a nice young core of the team when they cut him loose. I think the Broncos were a year or two away from being a powerhouse before they fired Shanny and Cutler.

Now what are they? They have a head coach who has "Kiffin" written all over him, Orton at QB, and they're best offensive players is not only a criminal, but has the nerve to want out of town.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »