Home

Leinart to 3rd string?

This is a discussion on Leinart to 3rd string? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Leinart to 3rd string?

LOL @ straight up bust.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

If we are talking about Brian St. Pierre here, than I have to LOL.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 27

Yeah... but, a lot of these stories come out because there are rumblings behind the scenes, and Leinart's own comments assert that he is at least aware that he's in a serious battle to keep his spot.

Kinda weird considering that the Cardinals said last year that Leinart impressed them well enough that if it weren't for them committing to Kurt Warner, Leinart would've been the starter last year.

The bottom line is that when Leinart had a chance to solidify himself, he just didn't get it done. I'm not quite ready to use the bust tag, but if he hits third string it may be time for that.

The funny thing for me is, when I told people that neither Leinart or Bush would make a long term impact in the pros and that Lendale White would do better than both of them, people said I was nuts... well who's nuts now? Ha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The bottom line is that when Leinart had a chance to solidify himself, he just didn't get it done. I'm not quite ready to use the bust tag, but if he hits third string it may be time for that.

The funny thing for me is, when I told people that neither Leinart or Bush would make a long term impact in the pros and that Lendale White would do better than both of them, people said I was nuts... well who's nuts now? Ha!
I was one of the few people who thought the Texans were right by not drafting Bush, but I really thought Leinart would do well. He's still young, but thus far, I was wrong on that one.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
there has not been one preseason game yet man
Im talking about camp, right now pierre is doing a better job in camp moving him up while lienhart is still struggling.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 89

Bush is not a bust.................
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

http://raisingzona.com/2009/08/03/ma...omment-page-1/

All it says is that St. Pierre is not going down without a fight(just like any other backup QB)but it doesn't say anything nor can you find anything that says St. Pierre has already passed Leinart on the depth chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #16
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
Im talking about camp, right now pierre is doing a better job in camp moving him up while lienhart is still struggling.
see this is what im talking about. If ya'll are getting this from Scott Allen's opinion article...he didnt even say that Leinart is struggling in camp. Even if he had, I dont know why you would put so much stock in one article. Writers often like throwing **** against the wall to generate interest.

"Now going into his fourth season in the NFL as a member of the Arizona Cardinals, quarterback Matt Leinart has found himself no closer to the starting spot than he did on that fateful April 2006 day when the Cardinals took the best remaining player in the draft at number 10.

Sure he had the starting spot for five games in 2007 before he got injured. Sure he was named the starter before the 2008 training camp got started, only to lose it to Kurt Warner halfway through camp.

The only way Matt Leinart may see a starting job again is with another team, even if Warner gets hurt this season or next. That’s because Brian St. Pierre, the Cardinals third quarterback, doesn’t expect to roll over and play dead and accept the third string job once again in 2009.

St. Pierre knows the system. He played in coach Ken Whisenhunt’s system as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers a few seasons back. He played impressively during the 2008 preseason. I would not be surprised to see him find real game action in 2009.

A lot of it, is certainly not for the lack of effort or trying on Leinart’s part. Unfortunately he has been a victim of circumstance. After he was injured in St. Louis in 2007 five games through the season, Warner found a re-birth and hasn’t let the reins go since. This is also not to say Leinart hasn’t found himself in situations he shouldn’t have been, bringing his maturity level into question, say his pool part pics from last season.

He was named the starter in the off-season between 2007-2008, for the 2008 campaign. Whisenhunt employed the same thought I had, that a player should not lose his job due to injury. However, given the way Warner was playing, how could you keep him off the field. Clearly, it was the right move.

No matter what your feelings are about Leinart or how you feel he has been treated, you do have to think he may have a hard time finding the playing field in 2009. For his part, he has accepted the backup role, at least publicly. Privately, it must be eating at him. I don’t blame him."

Last edited by ZB9; 08-05-2009 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »