Home

Leinart to 3rd string?

This is a discussion on Leinart to 3rd string? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Leinart to 3rd string?

You know by the time kurt warner is done Matt will be 28 yall know that right. This is what is his 4th year of the 6th year rookie contract. I dont even know if the cardinals will resign this dude or maybe they release him before his rookie contract is up. But Kurt Warner says he will honor his 2 years before calling it quits. So the job will be kurt warners for the next 2 year unless god forbid he got injuried.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 27

The article I read on this was from the Associated Press I believe. It was in my local paper today. In it, Leinart made comments about being aware of his fight for his spot. He also said that he isn't worried because he's "been through worse situations than this before".

We'll see.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The article I read on this was from the Associated Press I believe. It was in my local paper today. In it, Leinart made comments about being aware of his fight for his spot. He also said that he isn't worried because he's "been through worse situations than this before".

We'll see.

Really Mr Leinart dude seem i guess he aint taking pierre seriously, damn he already claming the spot, dude is confident. I guess he finally stop partying and stop drinking all those strawberry daiquiri.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #20
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
Bush is not a bust.................
No, he's not. He's just another guy on the field though and for an NFL defense, he's easy to eat up when he gets the ball in the backfield. A lot of people (not just fans, analysts etc) were saying he was going to be the second coming of Gale Sayers, but he's more of a Dave Meggett type of player. Is Reggie Bush, as we know him now, worth the #2 pick in the draft? Can anyone realistically say that Reggie Bush is going to turn some corner and become dominant? Bush is, and will continue to be, a situational player in the NFL. Period.

I can say this much, we'll never see Bush do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82pO-l4o5LQ

The Texans were lambasted for taking Mario Williams, and he's one of the best DE's in the game right now. The Texans GM looks like a genius.

I think it's a bit premature to call Leinart a bust since he's barely had a chance to be "the man", but its getting close. Leinart has had a rough time in Arizona fitting in espc since Whisenhunt came in. As of now though, he's definitely looking like another Joey Harrington. I think Leinart needs to get out of Arizona at this point. I'm betting he's more likely to be a bust though. I always thought he was overrated because of what he had around him at USC. Palmer has always been the real deal though. He didn't have half of what Leinart had around him.

Last edited by realultimatepower; 08-05-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

QBs can play to a fairly old age, and some bloom late. Another QB at Leinart's age had these stats:

3-16 as a starter
53.3% completions
11 TDs, 21 INTs
passer rating of 63

I'm guessing you know who it is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Warner needs to call it quits so leinart can get his chance, i mean what is this, look at Aaron Rodgers, he played behind Favre for 2 years, and now hes not doing so bad. I think the same will go for Leinart once he gets the chance.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
Warner needs to call it quits so leinart can get his chance, i mean what is this, look at Aaron Rodgers, he played behind Favre for 2 years, and now hes not doing so bad. I think the same will go for Leinart once he gets the chance.
Bah, always with the "let the new guy have a chance" stuff! With Warner on the bench, they wouldn't have won the division, they wouldn't have made the playoffs, and even if they had, they wouldn't have made it to the superbowl. The best guy for the job gets it.

Here's another example. Now Steve Young certainly made the most of his chance. He had a 107 QB rating, won the NFL MVP. But man, they had the best playoff QB in history sitting on the bench in the playoffs! So Young threw 2 interceptions and the 49ers went home. Incidentally, Montana only got to play about one half of one game in 1992. He went 15/21 with 2 TDs, 0 INTs.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #24
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
Warner should quit when he cant play anymore. No player in the NFL should ever quit just so the new guy gets a shot. If Leinart wants to start then train and get better and take the spot from Warner.

Sounds similar to the situation in St Louis with Warner/Bulger...Looks like they shouldnt have pushed Warner aside for Bulger.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »