Home

Leinart to 3rd string?

This is a discussion on Leinart to 3rd string? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Leinart to 3rd string?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Warner should quit when he cant play anymore. No player in the NFL should ever quit just so the new guy gets a shot. If Leinart wants to start then train and get better and take the spot from Warner.

Sounds similar to the situation in St Louis with Warner/Bulger...Looks like they shouldnt have pushed Warner aside for Bulger.
I remember watching Warner though, and he was really BAD after those injuries... I don't know if it was just a streak or if the injuries were really affecting his play, but Bulger was worlds better at that time. Now Bulger is going through the same thing, playing injured. Plus he's on a terrible team which always kills QB stats. In a few years we may be talking about Bulger the way we're talking about Warner now. :-) I wouldn't mind if the Rams traded Bulger to the 49ers :-P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #26
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
I remember watching Warner though, and he was really BAD after those injuries... I don't know if it was just a streak or if the injuries were really affecting his play, but Bulger was worlds better at that time. Now Bulger is going through the same thing, playing injured. Plus he's on a terrible team which always kills QB stats. In a few years we may be talking about Bulger the way we're talking about Warner now. :-) I wouldn't mind if the Rams traded Bulger to the 49ers :-P
True but the point I was trying to get across is simply that no player should quit just to give the new guy a chance. Im all about earning your place in the starting line up

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
True but the point I was trying to get across is simply that no player should quit just to give the new guy a chance. Im all about earning your place in the starting line up
Amen! I never understood that mentality... I remember a lot of people complaining when Jordan came back for the Wizards, people complaining he would ruin his legacy. As if him scoring 22 ppg on the wizards somehow makes his 30+ ppg for 7 consecutive seasons less impressive. Those aging guys who can still compete are my favorite players anyway. Let em play until the wheels fall off.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 42

No way Leinart publically moves to third string...if only for the fact that if he was third best on the squad then Arizonia is going to want to dump/trade him off to some one else rather than eat that contract for a third stringer.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #29
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Unfortunately, Jets fans, Leinart is a vastly better quarterback than Sanchez. Good luck with those Trojan quarterbacks not named Palmer.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #30
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
QBs can play to a fairly old age, and some bloom late. Another QB at Leinart's age had these stats:

3-16 as a starter
53.3% completions
11 TDs, 21 INTs
passer rating of 63

I'm guessing you know who it is
uhm... no... ?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 32

Leinart will be ok and him sitting for a few years will do him more good than bad. Coaches just want him to pay attention. He is clearly the back up for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #32
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Unfortunately, Jets fans, Leinart is a vastly better quarterback than Sanchez. Good luck with those Trojan quarterbacks not named Palmer.
Its completely unfair to judge Sanchez right now, the NFL is a different game. Leinart's USC team was also better than Sanchez's (just having Reggie Bush is enough), but more importantly, Sanchez is going to a much better situation than Leinart in Arizona. The Jets have talent on both sides of the ball and Leinart was going into a situation with a team that was the doormat of all of professional sports for the most part. Leinart couldn't even succeed with Fitz and Boldin.

To say Leinart is "vastly better" is a gross overstatement right now. Sanchez could end up being very good. He's in the best possible place in terms of system for him.

I'm not a Jets fan, but Sanchez hasn't even stepped onto an NFL field yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »