Home

Leinart to 3rd string?

This is a discussion on Leinart to 3rd string? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Leinart to 3rd string?

Kyle Turley pretty much confirmed that Martz ran Warner out of town because he was paranoid that Kurt undermined his authority. I didn't agree with choosing Bulger (Glass Joe) over Warner then and it's obvious now the Rams made the wrong choice.

It's funny that Turley would say that too because he was one of the guys publicly pumping up Bulger as the starting QB at that time.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Kyle Turley pretty much confirmed that Martz ran Warner out of town because he was paranoid that Kurt undermined his authority. I didn't agree with choosing Bulger (Glass Joe) over Warner then and it's obvious now the Rams made the wrong choice.

It's funny that Turley would say that too because he was one of the guys publicly pumping up Bulger as the starting QB at that time.
Seems like Warner has been run out of every place he's gone. The very fact that he's been able to hang on in Arizona is really an incredible story in itself because it was obvious that they wanted to kick him out and get started with Matt Leinart, but injuries and a few bounces allowed Warner to get more chances. He sure made the most of it.

He and Johnny Unitas probably have the most interesting rags-to-riches NFL stories. Warner got cut from the Packers and went to stock groceries, and Unitas got cut from the Steelers and was playing semi-pro ball on fields full of broken glass and only got a shot because George Shaw decided to become a dentist instead of sticking around as the Colts QB.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 17

The circumstances have been tough for Warner. He was given the axe in St. Louis before he could heal that throwing hand and get back on track. Then he goes to NY to mentor Eli and play behind what was at that time a swiss cheese O-line in pass protection. Gets the axe there and is sent to another team who'd just drafted a "franchise QB". One of Warner's weak points is his propensity to not protect the football in the pocket at times, but his biggest strengths are his poise in the pocket and his accuracy. Give him a little time and he'll pick apart the best of defenses. I've always been a Kurt Warner fan, as a player and a person.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I have no doubt that the Titans would've won at least one super bowl by now if they'd just taken Cutler like everyone in town wanted them to instead of wasting the pick on perennial bench warmers like Young or Leinart.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 34

I actually think Lienart can play. I still believe he can..you see late bloomers at the QB position quite a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »