Home

Vince Young's bold predication

This is a discussion on Vince Young's bold predication within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #49
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Vince Young's bold predication

Quote:
Now why when VY says it is it "hes confident". VY hasnt earned anything yet in the NFL. He is not a starter, he is a backup QB. Just like Ramsey, Kellen Clemons, billy volek,etc.
So because he's a backup, he can't be confident in himself?

Goodness, I'd bet that if he said something like "Well, im hopeful I can regain my starting job back again" people would still get on his case about THAT because then people would be saying,"See now he doesn't even have confidence in himself to get his job back."
Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #50
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
So because he's a backup, he can't be confident in himself?

Goodness, I'd bet that if he said something like "Well, im hopeful I can regain my starting job back again" people would still get on his case about THAT because then people would be saying,"See now he doesn't even have confidence in himself to get his job back."
Its frightening that this is what you took from my whole post. That he "cant be confident because he is a backup". That isnt what I said nor implied. Some of you guys are crazy man. Just as much as you try and say people are after VY and look for stuf, you guys defending here as as equally foolish.

Read what I said again, think about it, then respond. If you dont "get it" then im not going to argue with you and interpret it for you.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #51
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I think the 'confident statements' were near the bottom of the article. Where VY is talking about not worrying about the critics and that he's going to show everyone.

What makes him look like an idiot is when he says he's going to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and be the next black QB to win a Super Bowl. Both these statements are just stupid things to say on a bunch of different levels and that's why people have a problem with him.

I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #52
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Renegade, be real man. When Young was going out of his way to be a good soldier and saying all the right things all of last season, you still had a problem with him.

The bottom line is that it doesnt matter what VY says or doesnt say, or what he does or doesnt do...he isnt going to "redeem himself" until he gets back on the field

All im saying is that people are going way overboard with overanalyzing and overexagerations. People have never really let him develop in the league.

...and with that said, im done with this.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #53
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Its frightening that this is what you took from my whole post. That he "cant be confident because he is a backup". That isnt what I said nor implied. Some of you guys are crazy man. Just as much as you try and say people are after VY and look for stuf, you guys defending here as as equally foolish.

Read what I said again, think about it, then respond. If you dont "get it" then im not going to argue with you and interpret it for you.
Not even going to go down this road with you as it will just lead to infractions being handed out so I'll just leave it at that and simply say "I disagree with what you said."

Quote:
The bottom line is that it doesnt matter what VY says or doesnt say, or what he does or doesnt do...he isnt going to "redeem himself" until he gets back on the field

All im saying is that people are going way overboard with overanalyzing and overexagerations. People have never really let him develop in the league.
Agreed Zb.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #54
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Some people need to get over themselves. It's football. Some people overanalyze players and their comments like it's serious life and death instead of entertainment. In this case, by listening to some people, you would think Young had committed a crime against society.
He did. He destroyed my eyes with his horrific, vomit-inducing quarterbacking skills. And Vince Young should be held accountable for his herrendous actions!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
He did. He destroyed my eyes with his horrific, vomit-inducing quarterbacking skills. And Vince Young should be held accountable for his herrendous actions!
wow you are seriously a ****** and have no knowledge of anything.

Sure Vy wasnt the best qb but he was good and he was getting better. His Qb skills are far better than yours (easily) and he is a starting caliber qb in the nfl.

So please, think about what you type before you hit the submit button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #56
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Saying things like this only results in epic fails.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »