Home

Crabtree to sit year out?

This is a discussion on Crabtree to sit year out? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Crabtree to sit year out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Im a huge Niners fan but there is no way Isaac Bruce is a "beast" as you put it and the rest of our receiving core is average at best. The best receiver weve had over the last few years was actually Antonio Bryant. QB play is important but no matter who is under center we have to have weapons on the edge who can make big plays when the opportunity presents itself and I dont see any of our current receivers being able to do that.
Okay, I was overstating. I just think the 49ers with Crabtree are not significantly better than the 49ers without him. Bruce isn't as amazing as he used to be but I think he could easily still be a 1000 yard receiver if he was on a team not playing the QB shuffle. If Morgan gets more playing time, I think he's going to do well too. Davis can catch, Gore can catch. I don't think the problem is a lack of targets. This is a running team anyway. They'll succeed of fail regardless of what Crabtree does. (IMHO)
Old 08-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 12

Didn't Leinart try to do the same thing when he was drafted?

Did he pull it off, get more guaranteed money and signing bonus than the couple of picks before him?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't imagine what kind of dollar amount Crabtree would be looking for if we (Oakland) had gotten him at #7. Probably more than what we're paying Heyward-Bey now. DHB will prove all the skeptics wrong by the way. Maybe not a super star in his rookie season but he will be worth his draft pick.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #60
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I'm sorry, but I can't stand it anymore. The freakin' word is prima donna. PRIMA DONNA. What the hell is a pre-madonna??? Huh?

Again...sorry. [/rant]
Almost as good as when someone typed that another poster wasn't "the smartest tool in the shed."
Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #61
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhole91
I can't imagine what kind of dollar amount Crabtree would be looking for if we (Oakland) had gotten him at #7. Probably more than what we're paying Heyward-Bey now. DHB will prove all the skeptics wrong by the way. Maybe not a super star in his rookie season but he will be worth his draft pick.

Crabtree wants the same amount or more he still thinks he is the better Wide-out coming out this year. If he has real good couple of seasons then he can make the big money but he has done nothing to get the kind of money he wants.

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #62
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

For the love of god who is raising these kids?

IMO, this reflects poorly on Crabtree (and Jerry Rice should bitch slap him for good measure), but it truly and ultimately reflects poorly on the half-wits that reared him and those around him.

What a waste of material.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 32

Get that money Crabtree. Now is the time because if you sign a deal these same fans will say you are under contract and you can't ask for more.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #64
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

^LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »