Home

crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team

This is a discussion on crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #57
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i don't understand when i compared vy to randall people got upset. randall benefited from a very good qb coach and they went over tape and practice what he saw. that's what vince needs he has the tools to be a good qb he has to get his head really in the game and not worry about everything else around him. its clear that if he makes the team he's gone next year he needs to prep himself and be ready to sell himself as a good qb other wise this will be the last year we will see him on tv.

Cuz these days the young kids think they are better then they are and don't have to be in the film room.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #58
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Over the course of his career: Brady, Manning Elway

Over part of his career: Marino, Montana

Elway fits into both groups, but I went with the first one.
So you're saying for his career, he's not a Top 3 QB or over the course of his career, he has never been a Top 3 QB? I might be a little confused by it but I wanted to ask just to make sure.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #59
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
So you're saying for his career, he's not a Top 3 QB or over the course of his career, he has never been a Top 3 QB? I might be a little confused by it but I wanted to ask just to make sure.
a case could be made

Favre does have the most TDs in NFL history. That is obviously one of the most prestigious records. He also has the most overall wins, another prestigious record...and of course his consecutive games streak

personally, i wouldnt put him in the top 5 all time...but holding every major NFL record for QBs, Favre does certainly have a case

Last edited by ZB9; 08-11-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #60
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Who was Randall qb coach because under buddy ryan some felt that Randall development as a qb was stunted.
U have it backwards under buddy ryan he didn't give randall restraints he let randall be randall when buddy left other coaches tried to make him a pocket qb which he wasn't at the time. i can't find his coaches name but after randall mvp season he died and never got a qb coach again. i saw on the nfl network
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Yes, when the total careers are looked at, he hasn't been a top 3 QB. Obviously he's been a top 3 QB in certain years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #62
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

ZB, I wouldn't put him top 5 either but he'd definitely be top 10.

Anyway, my apologies to everyone for taking this thread off course with this Favre Talk lol.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #63
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Yes, when the total careers are looked at, he hasn't been a top 3 QB. Obviously he's been a top 3 QB in certain years.
Ahhh I gotchu now, my fault on that but I agree with that though.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #64
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
How'd the Titans do the year before Vince was drafted?? I forget can you refresh my memory lol.

Last year's Titans team was way more talented than the team that Vince had led the couple of years before. When Vince went 18-11, it was with an average to below average defense and a non-existant running game. I think you would agree that last year, all Kerry had to do was hand the ball off and throw an occasional dump off pass and they could have won 10 games just from that.
Uh, the defense and special teams in particular stepped up when they were winning the previous year. VY gets the credit, but it was a lot more than him that turned that team around.

For example, people always talk about the TD run he had that won the game vs. the Texans that year. They forget about the long kick return that set that play up. Or the returns for TD's that got them in to games.

VY played pretty well for a young QB, but he was not the engine that led that Titans team by any stretch of the imagination.

Timely forced turnovers and big plays in special teams were as much a reason as anything he did leading that offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »