Home

When will the Lions win a game (if at all)?

This is a discussion on When will the Lions win a game (if at all)? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #25
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: When will the Lions win a game (if at all)?

The only games that seem unwinnable are Pittsburgh, Arizona and Baltimore.

Remember though, this team is totally different from last year, so almost anything is possible.

But in reality, they'll probably win 4 games.

Although, with the right combination of happenings, they could win the division.

Last edited by rdnk; 08-11-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
The only games that seem unwinnable are Pittsburgh, Arizona and Baltimore.

Remember though, this team is totally different from last year, so almost anything is possible.

But in reality, they'll probably win 4 games.

Although, with the right combination of happenings, they could win the division.
Haha, anything is possible but I think that's extremely unlikely. Sometimes you get a team with a reasonable defense who can't score points, or a team who can put points up but with a swiss-cheese defense. Sometimes a year of experience, coaching changes, or the addition of a player here or there can make a HUGE difference in those teams. But Detroit was godawful on BOTH sides of the ball, so I think they'll need at least a couple years of badness before they could be competitive.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
The Saints don't have the same defense as last year and even if they had, the Lions were destroyed the last time they went against them.
Oh I agree the Saints will probably win. But every team will probably beat the Lions. It's highly doubtful that they ALL will though. The Saints win with the pass, which is always a bit more uncertain. Brees slips while throwing and a TD pass turns into a pick-six. One missed tackle and Calvin takes one to the house. That's a 21 point swing in two plays, and while they probably won't happen, it's certainly more likely than the Lions picking apart the Ravens defense, etc. I wouldn't count the Saints out in any game they play because they can put up lots of points fast. But for the same reason, I wouldn't count out their opponents -- the Saints can self-destruct fast too.

Last edited by MattieShoes; 08-12-2009 at 07:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »