Home

Who will have a better career?

This is a discussion on Who will have a better career? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who will have the better career?
Adrian Peterson 15 33.33%
Ladanian Tomlinson 30 66.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #57
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Who will have a better career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
...Oh yea...much better baseball player than Sanders...

That reason alone makes sense why? Because he had success in two sports whereas LT was only a football player? You said it bruh...

Certainly Bo Jackson is better for his ability to be able to snap a bat over his knee. I mean...DUH!
Yeah...Thats clearly not what I said.The reference to Baseball was in relation to Bo not playing a Full NFL Season because of say it loudly BASEBALL...So Duhh yourself. I know what I said.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #58
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
Just out of curiosity Andromada who would be your top 10 running backs of all time then if LT isn't top 10??
In no order

Emmitt smith,Walter Payton,Barry Sanders,O.J.,Eric Dickerson,Gale Sayers,Jim Brown,Franco Harris,Tony Dorsett,Bo Jackson.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
In no order

Emmitt smith,Walter Payton,Barry Sanders,O.J.,Eric Dickerson,Gale Sayers,Jim Brown,Franco Harris,Tony Dorsett,Bo Jackson.
Dorsett and Harris over LT? Again

And Bo...whatever.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #60

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Old 08-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 8

The RB position is so injury prone, great career numbers require a huge amount of luck. The the real odds are LT will have the better career because he managed to stay uninjured for a long stretch. If Peterson stays healthy and avoids injury, then its anybody's guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #62
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

I think people are really underrating and/or not giving enough credit/value to the career LT has had. His numbers have just been absolutely phenomenal. He has arguably oustide of Jim Brown has had the best 8 years ever in the history of the NFL. Nobody ahead of him on the all time rushing list has played less than LT and his yards per game is right up there with Brown and Sanders for all time. But just look at this

Through 8 years only Jim Brown and Barry Sanders have ran for more yards. If he goes over 1,000 this year only Sanders will have had more through 9 years.

Through 8 years NOBODY has scored as many TD's as LT. He has got Emmit beat by 14 TD's. He already ranks number two all time as it stands now. For comparison it took Marcus Allen 16 years to get his 123 TD's. It took LT half that to score 126. His 141 TD's rank 4th all time and again nobody has put the ball in the endzone LT during that period of time. He even scores TD's at a higher rate than Jim Brown. Nobody reached a 100 rushing TD's faster than LT.

That doesn't even take into account all he has done catching the ball out of the backfield. None of those guys names that has been brought up have caught the ball like LT has. Only Faulk, Allen, Payton, and Craig can have a case made for them to be as good or better than LT in this regard.

When you combine his yards, TD's, and catching the ball out of the backfield LT's 8 year run is unmatched except by like I said Jim Brown and maybe Barry cause he did get alot more rushing yards but LT has scored 42 more TD's during that time. His 8 year run is truely an all time great run.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #63
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Yeah...Thats clearly not what I said.The reference to Baseball was in relation to Bo not playing a Full NFL Season because of say it loudly BASEBALL...So Duhh yourself. I know what I said.
So because Bo played 5 or 6 less games (avg.) than LT did over his "illustrious" football career you're saying he could've outperformed LT?

When LA had Marcus Allen through the entire Bo Jackson career?

You can't be serious, oh wait...you are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Dorsett and Harris over LT? Again

And Bo...whatever.
double...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
I think people are really underrating and/or not giving enough credit/value to the career LT has had. His numbers have just been absolutely phenomenal. He has arguably oustide of Jim Brown has had the best 8 years ever in the history of the NFL. Nobody ahead of him on the all time rushing list has played less than LT and his yards per game is right up there with Brown and Sanders for all time. But just look at this

Through 8 years only Jim Brown and Barry Sanders have ran for more yards. If he goes over 1,000 this year only Sanders will have had more through 9 years.

Through 8 years NOBODY has scored as many TD's as LT. He has got Emmit beat by 14 TD's. He already ranks number two all time as it stands now. For comparison it took Marcus Allen 16 years to get his 123 TD's. It took LT half that to score 126. His 141 TD's rank 4th all time and again nobody has put the ball in the endzone LT during that period of time. He even scores TD's at a higher rate than Jim Brown. Nobody reached a 100 rushing TD's faster than LT.

That doesn't even take into account all he has done catching the ball out of the backfield. None of those guys names that has been brought up have caught the ball like LT has. Only Faulk, Allen, Payton, and Craig can have a case made for them to be as good or better than LT in this regard.

When you combine his yards, TD's, and catching the ball out of the backfield LT's 8 year run is unmatched except by like I said Jim Brown and maybe Barry cause he did get alot more rushing yards but LT has scored 42 more TD's during that time. His 8 year run is truely an all time great run.
QFT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »