Home

The best WR of all-time not named Jerry Rice?

This is a discussion on The best WR of all-time not named Jerry Rice? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
The best WR of all-time not named Jerry Rice?

OK, my "Randy Moss. Hall of Famer?" didn't spark too much debate. Believe it or not, there are some people who claim they watch football saying Moss is not a HOF. Trust me, I've talked to them.

On to the next topic. I'm assuming there is a consensus that most people who watched football at least the past 15 years would say that Jerry Rice is the best WR of all time. Who would be the second best WR of all-time? You've got a slew of greats to choose from: Michael Irvin, Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Art Monk, Marvin Harrison, John Stallworth, Tim Brown, Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner just to name a few.

Or if you think that Jerry Rice is not the greatest WR of all time, feel free to comment. Please come strong because I got a feeling that your going against the consensus opinion that Rice is the G.O.A.T.

As for me, when it's all said and done I believe that Moss will be the 2nd best WR of all time. He too me is the most physically gifted WR of all time. The best combination of size and speed I've never seen from any WR in the history of the game. If Moss would have had the 'drive' like Carter or Rice he would have been clearly the G.O.A.T.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The best WR of all-time not named Jerry Rice?

I'd probably have to go with Moss.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9

Give me The Playmaker. Michael Irvin

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Old 08-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Don Hutson is without a doubt #2. In fact, he miakes a legitimate case to be the best WR of all-time...though obviously not as strong as Rice.

Moss is #3. Completely changes the game when he is on the field unlike any other player I've seen since Lawrence Taylor.

Those are the top 3 WR's of all time and there is a big drop off between 3 and 4.

Marvin Harrison, Paul Warfield, Tim Brown, and TO all make a good case for that spot.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 55

Marvin Harrison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Don Hutson

modern era, Moss and Irvin would both be top 5 imo (especially if you factor in Irvin's playoff games). I would put Moss at #2 or #3 all time.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

If not counting Moss, I say Marvin is the next best. He has been excellent most his career. He runs route that make my mouth drop and makes the opposing corners knees buckles. With that said, I've heard people say he collapsed in big game thou.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 46

I would say Rice then Moss, but they both have played with some of the best qb's of all time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »