Home

Broncos Fans

This is a discussion on Broncos Fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #17
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Broncos Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I know that they brought in a clueless Head Coach simply because he worked under Bill Belichick, while getting rid of a great head coach in Mike Shannahan. A clueless head coach who single handedly ran their franchise QB out of town. Brandon Marshall also wants out, and will probably be gone before the deadline. Kyle Orton is a gigantic drop off from Jay Cutler, I don't get how any Broncos fan can be pleased about this.

It's so counter-productive to get rid of your head coach, your franchise QB who is one of the best young QB's in the game, and now your top WR in one off season. They go from a team that was on the brink of competing, to a rebuilding team in just one off season.

Go ahead and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll be here in week 10 when they're nowhere near the playoff discussion and I hope you'll be too.

I am pleased with the decision to get rid of Cutler. I did not like his attitude nor did I like the fact that he believed that he could fit the ball into any coverage because of his arm.

The only thing I didnt like was getting rid of Mike Shannahan. I loved him as a coach and a person.

But I wouldnt jump the gun and just say the Broncos dont have a chance this year.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #18
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I didn't know the Broncos were "on the rise" after last season. Hell, I thought they still were "on the rise" after their last playoff appearance in 05.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #19
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

If that was for me PPM, I wasnt saying they were on the rise, by any means. Just saying that losing Cutler is not a big as someone above was saying it was.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 17

I don't like Cutler's attitude either. And yeah, he makes dumb throws sometimes. But he's young, this is going to happen. The fact of the matter is, he made their offense work, they became a QB-driven offense through him. Their defense was not good, their running game was not good.

So you take away the centerpiece of their offense, and you swap him out with a scrub QB from Chicago, and how's that help anything? Pretty much with any team with a franchise QB is going to be worse if you take him out of the equation.

Tack all of that onto the fact that, there was no real reason to get rid of that QB. What was wrong with him that makes you want to bring in Tom Brady's back up? It's really dumb to get rid of players that you don't need to get rid of, just because your new Head Coach is an imbecile.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I know that they brought in a clueless Head Coach simply because he worked under Bill Belichick, while getting rid of a great head coach in Mike Shannahan. A clueless head coach who single handedly ran their franchise QB out of town. Brandon Marshall also wants out, and will probably be gone before the deadline. Kyle Orton is a gigantic drop off from Jay Cutler, I don't get how any Broncos fan can be pleased about this.

It's so counter-productive to get rid of your head coach, your franchise QB who is one of the best young QB's in the game, and now your top WR in one off season. They go from a team that was on the brink of competing, to a rebuilding team in just one off season.

Go ahead and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll be here in week 10 when they're nowhere near the playoff discussion and I hope you'll be too.
I had a long winded response but decided to delete because it is clear you really know nothing of the Broncos other than what you read in national media.

I will ask you this though:

When did I say the Broncos were a playoff team?

Quote:
I don't like Cutler's attitude either. And yeah, he makes dumb throws sometimes. But he's young, this is going to happen. The fact of the matter is, he made their offense work, they became a QB-driven offense through him. Their defense was not good, their running game was not good.

So you take away the centerpiece of their offense, and you swap him out with a scrub QB from Chicago, and how's that help anything? Pretty much with any team with a franchise QB is going to be worse if you take him out of the equation.

Tack all of that onto the fact that, there was no real reason to get rid of that QB. What was wrong with him that makes you want to bring in Tom Brady's back up? It's really dumb to get rid of players that you don't need to get rid of, just because your new Head Coach is an imbecile.
I am in the minority of Bronco fans here in the fact that I am depressed Cutler is gone. I was a huge fan of his.

That said, I don't think he would work well in the current system in place. McDaniels knew that and wanted to get someone who fits his system better (I am assuming by your knowledge you know the difference his system brings).

The arguments you throw up are strongly based on your assumptions.

My opinion is this year offense again will not be an issue, it will be the defense. The secondary should be strong, but without a pass rush, a good secondary is meaningless.

Orton or Simms should be just as efficient in this system as Cutler would have been (if not better). Ball control and offensive efficiency will stongly be improved this year.

But go ahead, continue with your baseless assumptions on how Joch McDaniels is ruining this team by running Cutler out of town if it makes you feel more smart about football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 01:22 AM   #22
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

I agree McDaniels was an idiot for making his interest in Cassell public, but once Cutler stated he wanted out it was over because of Cutlers attitude.

Look at Jason Campbell. "Were bringing in Sanchez/Cutler," Media around DC said those things for months. Whatd Campbell do? Just stated yea it hurts but its the business side of football.

Cutler could have acted like that but he didnt, McDaniels could have kept his mouth shut about Cassell but he didnt.

Now we have Orton and I am sure we not just gunna roll over and call it a season because of this. Hopefully D is improved and Orton can just manage the game like he did in Chicago and not make the same bonehead mistakes Cutler did. However major speed bump could be Marshall, who knows how he will play or even act of the field.

Overall I agree the Broncos would probably have been better off heading into the season with Shannahan and Cutler, but their not. So gather what you have and go out and try to win games.

Hope that made sense.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Hope that made sense.
Unfortunately this is highly unlikely when having a discussion with someone who has no real knowledge on the situation aside from what national media tells them.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:49 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I had a long winded response but decided to delete because it is clear you really know nothing of the Broncos other than what you read in national media.

I will ask you this though:

When did I say the Broncos were a playoff team?

I am in the minority of Bronco fans here in the fact that I am depressed Cutler is gone. I was a huge fan of his.

That said, I don't think he would work well in the current system in place. McDaniels knew that and wanted to get someone who fits his system better (I am assuming by your knowledge you know the difference his system brings).

The arguments you throw up are strongly based on your assumptions.

My opinion is this year offense again will not be an issue, it will be the defense. The secondary should be strong, but without a pass rush, a good secondary is meaningless.

Orton or Simms should be just as efficient in this system as Cutler would have been (if not better). Ball control and offensive efficiency will stongly be improved this year.

But go ahead, continue with your baseless assumptions on how Joch McDaniels is ruining this team by running Cutler out of town if it makes you feel more smart about football.
I'm aware that they're attempting a new system based off of the idiocy of McDaniels, which is part of the problem. Why would you fix something that isn't broken? Their offense was high powered with Cutler and Shannahan. All they needed was a running game. Did they turn the ball over more than they should have? Yes. But that's partly to blame on a young QB having to do too much.

If you're walking into a new situation with a team that had its successes, why are you going to change things, and then tell your awesome young QB that you're bringing in someone new to do his job? I didn't see Mike Tomlin come into Pittsburgh and tell Dick LeBeau that we're switching to a 4-3.

Have fun watching your team go backwards instead of forwards while McDaniels goes the way of Mangini.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »