Home

Broncos Fans

This is a discussion on Broncos Fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 AM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Broncos Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I'm aware that they're attempting a new system based off of the idiocy of McDaniels, which is part of the problem. Why would you fix something that isn't broken? Their offense was high powered with Cutler and Shannahan. All they needed was a running game. Did they turn the ball over more than they should have? Yes. But that's partly to blame on a young QB having to do too much.

If you're walking into a new situation with a team that had its successes, why are you going to change things, and then tell your awesome young QB that you're bringing in someone new to do his job? I didn't see Mike Tomlin come into Pittsburgh and tell Dick LeBeau that we're switching to a 4-3.
Idiocy of McDaniels? Really?

You clearly know nothing of what he has done in New England.

Switching systems is not always a bad thing. Yes the offense was great with Shanahan, I will not argue that. But the NE offense has been better. What makes you think this offense won't work in Denver?

Quote:
Have fun watching your team go backwards instead of forwards while McDaniels goes the way of Mangini.
This is your opinion which I cannot take away from you. And had you given any actual solid reason why your opinion was valid I might give it a little more value.

But thanks for your thoughts though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

The NE offense has Tom Brady and Randy Moss. The Denver offense has Kyle Orton and Eddie Royal, although I think Royal is awesome, it's still not Randy Moss. Not to mention a nutty offensive line in NE.

It makes no sense. Get rid of your current offense, despite it being awesome and high powered through the passing game, for an attempt at NE's offense, replacing your excellent young QB prospect for Tom Brady's backup because he had one decent season? It's moronic dude, it is. I would bet you that Cassell failed hard in Denver, and will probably fail in KC this year.

I find it to be incredibly counterproductive to do what they did this offseason. Filling Jay Cutler's role can be something that takes up to 5 years.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:51 AM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
The NE offense has Tom Brady and Randy Moss. The Denver offense has Kyle Orton and Eddie Royal, although I think Royal is awesome, it's still not Randy Moss. Not to mention a nutty offensive line in NE.

It makes no sense. Get rid of your current offense, despite it being awesome and high powered through the passing game, for an attempt at NE's offense, replacing your excellent young QB prospect for Tom Brady's backup because he had one decent season? It's moronic dude, it is. I would bet you that Cassell failed hard in Denver, and will probably fail in KC this year.

I find it to be incredibly counterproductive to do what they did this offseason. Filling Jay Cutler's role can be something that takes up to 5 years.
Yes, we definately have no Tom Brady, but are you forgetting about Marshall? I think he is a fair comparison to Moss.

But the system doesn't rely on playmakers. It relies on short efficient passes. That is why Orton can succeed just as much as Cutler could have.

I am not saying this is going to be a high powered offense. It will put up no where near the numbers this offense did last year. But it will be efficient, it will score points, and it will control the ball.

Again, the HUGE question is the Denver defense, which, aside from the secondary is NO different from last year.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 17

I seriously doubt it. Kyle Orton is not a good QB. And I'm banking on Brandon Marshall being gone by the deadline, so I'm not really relying on him.

I don't like their defense either, which is why it was so important to have Jay Cutler. How many games did he keep them in last year? And that was without a Moreno at RB. Plus Champ is still the man, but with his age starting to get up there, you gotta assume is legs are gonna start to go soon, although they should still be alright for another season in the secondary.

Offensively and defensively, I don't see them being anything good this year. I believe they seriously dropped the ball this off season.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #29
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

My post wasn't directed at you Aggies. It was to the person who said that the Broncos were on the rise and to the person who doesn't really know much about the Broncos outside of what they hear on BSPN.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #30
Rookie

Aimbrogn's Arena

OVR: 4

Roger Goddell "With the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma"

The Broncos are in for a pitiful season and I don't see the point of firing Mike Shanahan who is a Hall of Famer. I think that the Browns will finish with a better record then Denver.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I know that they brought in a clueless Head Coach simply because he worked under Bill Belichick, while getting rid of a great head coach in Mike Shannahan. A clueless head coach who single handedly ran their franchise QB out of town. Brandon Marshall also wants out, and will probably be gone before the deadline. Kyle Orton is a gigantic drop off from Jay Cutler, I don't get how any Broncos fan can be pleased about this.

It's so counter-productive to get rid of your head coach, your franchise QB who is one of the best young QB's in the game, and now your top WR in one off season. They go from a team that was on the brink of competing, to a rebuilding team in just one off season.

Go ahead and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll be here in week 10 when they're nowhere near the playoff discussion and I hope you'll be too.
You basically confirmed exactly what kehlis said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I didn't know the Broncos were "on the rise" after last season. Hell, I thought they still were "on the rise" after their last playoff appearance in 05.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimbrogn
Roger Goddell "With the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma"
That's pretty funny coming from a browns fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #32
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Let's get real here, the only negativity that having an Elway would be is winning playoff games and getting to the SB.

Cutler had an incredible offense in Denver and couldn't even make the friggin playoffs, let alone win a playoff game.

I seriously doubt that his chances have improved going to Chicage but I don't wish him bad or anything.

Plummer Cuter Orton
It's that simple - Plummer got them to the AFC Championship game vs the Steelers at home.

Cutler get's off to a hot start in the season and in games then he implodes ala Brian Greise.

So the "Bronco Hate" you speak of isn't completely unwarranted, sure Elway plays a part but our most recent memory is of Greise, and Plummer and Cutler might have had better stats than Plummer but he didn't win which is why stats are overrated - just ask Dan Marino.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »