Home

Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall

This is a discussion on Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
But you're talking in circles. I've discussed everything you've put there. I don't know if you missed it or didn't like my response or what, but this has been going on for over a week and I don't see a reason to go back and quote myself. I've even explained some things i've said differently in case there was just a miscommunication. But now it just seems you want to be mad so that's on you, man. I'm not going to respond to this anymore, but I wanted to say that first so you didn't think I was running away or thumbing my nose at you. Everything you're looking for is somewhere in this thread. I don't know why you'd care enough to go back and look, but it seems you do so that'd be my advice.
No you haven't. If its so obvious I said such-n-such, if I thought this-n-that, it should be easy for you to go back & quote the post where I said it.

But you know you can't do it. Because it ain't there. You're chucking & jiving to avoid facing the reality: You're wrong.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #34

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I don't know man, and this really shouldn't concern me, but I think you're a bit in the wrong. JohnDough actually pointed out that Marshall could be piggybacking on Cutler's actions and that Cutler could have been just trying to get out of Denver (taking the blame off of McDaniels), basically playing devil's advocate to his own opinion. It was wrong of you to continue to say that he did not look at all of the evidence and had his opinion formed prior to the evidence after that.

A simple apology would make this all go away.
But it was pointed out that this was going to be a well known issue well before the Cutler issue popped up.

It was well known throughout last season that Marshall wanted a new contract and the Broncos were unlikely to give it to him based on his off field actions and injury problems.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Because I REALLY don't understand how you're getting more and more heated about this, I went back and read through...

Quote:
I really think Denver is making a mistake w/Marshall. The team looks like they are headed for a top 5 pick. Marshall has his stats w/Cutler that makes him look valuable to other teams. If the guy has to go thru a year w/Orton's passes to him ending up in the opponent's fingers, his value will plummet.
Your quote. I responded to this that Orton only had 12 ints last year and the conversation continued into his numbers being different bc it's a different offense, not the loss of Cutler. Etc, etc. we clearly disagree on this side of things. Can just leave it at that unless there's something else I'm "lying" about here.

Quote:
Do you think its coincidence that Cutler said he couldn't trust McDaniels, while Marshall says he has trust issues w/him? People have jumped on both of them for what has gone on. But it's got to raise eyebrows that on his first coaching job, his 2 biggest stars want out because they don't trust the guy.
Marshall never said he has trust issues with McDaniels. That's never even been reported.

Quote:
Where did I say that? Point it out please. I never said or implied his contract & his issues w/McDaniels were one & the same. It could or it could be a side issue. I have no idea. I'm not in their board room.

All I said was 2 people brought up the same issue w/the guy. Is this smoke indicating the fire? Or is it Marshall piggybacking on Cutler's statements, hoping it gets him sent out of Denver? Or did Cutler say it himself to get out of Denver?

I don't know. I don't know either well enough to judge them. But it bears watching in the future, don't you think? Let's see what happens w/the rest on the roster.
I don't know what you were implying about his issues with McDaniels are bc he never said he had any with the head coach. What are we watching the rest of the roster for if Marshall's issues are with the organization and not the coach? Why is the coach even being brought up here?

Quote:
So since the Broncos have never had a problem w/straightforwardness before McDaniels arrived, wouldn't that imply the new guy in charge was the catalyst of the new dynamic?
And considering Marshall hasn't said anything about McDaniels, this last quote further indicates that you feel "the new guy in charge was the catalyst of the new dynamic".

Quote:
When someone makes an accusation, the burden of proof is on them. You can't provide anything. I said I never claimed Marshall's contract demands had anything w/McDaniels. But lo & behold, you refused to acknowledge that.
I never said anything about the contract demands either. I'm trying to figure out how McDaniels is being brought up here at all... and in a way that implies he's lying, running players out of town, etc.

Quote:
I said both Cutler & Marshall came up w/the same issue ever since McDaniels came on board. Trust. I also said this was the best time to trade Marshall. You're the one that tried to fill in the spaces between w/what doesn't exist. Just the imaginations in your head.
And I replied that both of their issues started before McDaniels and Marshall's doesn't seem to be connected to McDaniels at all... with a Broncos fan posting right after me confirming that. I simply stated that your account of the events surrounding Marshall are wrong and it seems they were led in that direction bc of your belief that McDaniels has been said to have started the mess with both Cutler and Marshall, when that's not true.

So there you have it. I hope we can drop all this now since outside of this thread, I don't think either one of us really cares that much about Marshall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Because I REALLY don't understand how you're getting more and more heated about this, I went back and read through...

Your quote. I responded to this that Orton only had 12 ints last year and the conversation continued into his numbers being different bc it's a different offense, not the loss of Cutler. Etc, etc. we clearly disagree on this side of things. Can just leave it at that unless there's something else I'm "lying" about here.
To which I replied, "If you think that way, fine." This is not at issue.

Quote:
Marshall never said he has trust issues with McDaniels. That's never even been reported.

I don't know what you were implying about his issues with McDaniels are bc he never said he had any with the head coach. What are we watching the rest of the roster for if Marshall's issues are with the organization and not the coach? Why is the coach even being brought up here?

And considering Marshall hasn't said anything about McDaniels, this last quote further indicates that you feel "the new guy in charge was the catalyst of the new dynamic".

I never said anything about the contract demands either. I'm trying to figure out how McDaniels is being brought up here at all... and in a way that implies he's lying, running players out of town, etc.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4409867

Quote:
Marshall said. "There are trust issues on both sides.
If Mcdaniels is the one making the deals as well as coaching, just who is Marshall talking about if its not him?

Quote:
And I replied that both of their issues started before McDaniels and Marshall's doesn't seem to be connected to McDaniels at all... with a Broncos fan posting right after me confirming that. I simply stated that your account of the events surrounding Marshall are wrong and it seems they were led in that direction bc of your belief that McDaniels has been said to have started the mess with both Cutler and Marshall, when that's not true.
Which I never denied they had problems beforehand. I said both came up w/a common complaint after dealing w/the man. Whether truthful or a ploy to get out of Denver. There you go continuing to put words in my mouth.

Quote:
So there you have it. I hope we can drop all this now since outside of this thread, I don't think either one of us really cares that much about Marshall.
What we have is more smoke. All you're doing is either fabricating more lies, or rearguing your opinion. Which at this point, I'm not concerned about.

Prove I blame McDaniels. Prove I have a bias against McDaniels. Prove I formed my opinion before considering the facts, all facts.

And BTW, I'm not getting "more heated". I'm not stomping around the house tossing things & throwing a tantrum. But I do get miffed when people can lie about what you said, & its right there for the person to read.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

Last edited by J0nnD0ugh; 08-26-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #37
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
A simple apology would make this all go away.
wwharton you're in the wrong. It's no big.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #38

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Quote:
If Mcdaniels is the one making the deals as well as coaching, just who is Marshall talking about if its not him?
Where in that article does it mention anything about trust issues with McDaniels?

He doesn't trust the trainers. They misdiagnosed him last year.

He doesn't trust the PR guy who told his teammates not to be happy.

He probably doesn't have a lot of faith in the front office.

But as a daily follower of everything Broncos, never have I read about any rift between the two.

Even when Marshall was relegated to scout team, which I am sure he wasn't a big fan of, he kept his mouth shut with regards to McDaniels.

I will concede a lot of trust issues between the organization as a whole and Marshall, but not between McDaniels and Marshall.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Where in that article does it mention anything about trust issues with McDaniels?

He doesn't trust the trainers. They misdiagnosed him last year.

He doesn't trust the PR guy who told his teammates not to be happy.

He probably doesn't have a lot of faith in the front office.

But as a daily follower of everything Broncos, never have I read about any rift between the two.

Even when Marshall was relegated to scout team, which I am sure he wasn't a big fan of, he kept his mouth shut with regards to McDaniels.

I will concede a lot of trust issues between the organization as a whole and Marshall, but not between McDaniels and Marshall.
The article quotes Marshall as saying....

Quote:
"There are trust issues on both sides."
You mean to tell me the trainers don't trust him?

Also from the article.....

Quote:
.....he believes the directive came from higher in the organization and he suggested the episode fostered distrust between him and the Broncos.
Who "higher" up in the organization is he talking about?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #40

kehlis's Arena

[quote=J0nnD0ugh;2040090519]
Quote:
You mean to tell me the trainers don't trust him?

Also from the article.....
You're right, it could very well be interpreted many ways. I guess I just don't interpret it the way you do.

I just think you are looking too far into it. I think he just feels the organization doesn't trust him, which I think with his off field issues, they (as an organization) have every reason not to trust him.

Quote:
Who "higher" up in the organization is he talking about?
Well, when I hear higher up, I hardly think of the head coach, my first thoughts go to the front office and Pat Bowlen.

From one of today's stories in the Denver Post

Quote:
"I think that's very inaccurate," said McDaniels on Tuesday, when asked if he felt Marshall's situation was affecting the team's business on a day-to-day basis. "We're going through our meetings, we're having practices, watching film, getting ready for opponents and again, he's part of all that. We're just getting ready to play the season."
Asked then if Marshall has been a distraction, McDaniels said simply, "No."
Certainly that doesn't mean he doesn't trust him, put to me, if McDaniels didn't trust someone, who wouldn't be saying he isn't a distraction and wouldn't be talking about how what is going on off the field has no bearing on the field.

While the Head Coach is concerned with all things, certainly his primary concern is what goes on on the field.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13204200

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »