Home

Who is the best RB is the NFL?

This is a discussion on Who is the best RB is the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #57
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Who is the best RB is the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
For the sake of argument, does A(D)P (lol) have the hands to be placed in the Eagles offense? Can he be lined up at WR and beat a Cornerback on a fade route? Your point is a valid one, but it cuts both ways.
Double-edge sword indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Minny has a better rec. corps/QB are they handing off to A(D)P as much?

We can sit here and argue system this system that, but the fact remains that BW doesn't need 30 carries to be effective. More like 20 touches (12 carries, 8 passes...round about estimate), and Philly doesn't NEED to hand off to BW 30 times to win.

They have a multi-dimensional offense, and you can't blame BW for that.

Besides...Questioning BWs toughness and dismissing the fact that AP is just as "brittle" is just funny.

AP hasn't quite been the altar-boy of health in his college/NFL career, and it's said his running-style will limit his shelf-life.

Last edited by JBH3; 08-22-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #58
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm sorry but McFadden has done nothing in the pros to be ranked with those guys and the guys from his class. Sure he has all the tools and talent to be a great back but he isn't there yet. I refuse to put a guy up there with those guys if he only went over 50 rushing yards ONCE during the season and only hit over 100 total yards three times.

In comparision to his rookie class mates he is far behind Slaton, Johnson, and Forte. They all went for over 1,500 total yards and double digit TD's. All three of them where top 10 in the NFL in rushing yards and yards from scrimmage. Plus both Johnson and Slaton where top 5 in YPC. McFadden produced LESS than HALF of what they did. There is no way possible you can put him on thier level of player or production at this point in time. Maybe in a year or two if he produces but not at this time.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #59
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Deangelo Williams.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #60
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Mcfadden is as BEAST,He plays on a Weaker team and still produces.He will be on the Leaderboards in spite of the Raiders woes.He has already shown flashes of Brilliance.
Stop playing Madden...

Old 08-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #61
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Stop playing Madden...
Great input,...I didnt know this was a Madden thread?Even if it was your comment doesnt make sense.I've never used the Raiders and you didnt specify which "Madden" you are talking about and on what system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #62
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

The only reason why anyone would actually mention DMC in this thread would be video game related..

He absolutely does not belong anywhere near a discussion regarding the games best RB's.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
No, I haven't watched many games of McFadden. IIRC, he was injured when the Raiders played the Fins this season. I just thought WASHEMPLAE was accepted as the worst way to argue football. If we're just projecting total bull**** about what could happen if guy's were healthy than Ronnie Brown would be top 5. Staying healthy is just as crucial a part of a RB's game as his quickness and vision.

McFadden isn't in the same tier as Chris Johnson yet, because Johnson excels against elite talent. Literally the only thing I remember McFadden doing this season was running for 150 yards against the Chiefs.

I'm just shocked that putting Darren McFadden on the same level as Willie Parker and Frank Gore hasn't been jumped on.
I have no idea what that word is you made up. But I do know that if you've never watched the man play then your argument against him may be a bit more passionate than it should be. And if you go back to my exact quote, I have no idea where you get me comparing him to Parker or Gore. To be clear, if we're going to make sophs like Johnson, Slaton and Forte among the best backs in the league after just one year then McFadden deserves to be mentioned. I don't think any of them should be in this discussion. They all need to prove it over time, but I actually watched McFadden play with serious toe injuries on both feet and don't need to see stats to know he would've put up similar numbers to the other rookies had he been healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
He is not a beast. He does not produce. He hardly played all of last season. The only team he looked great against was the Chiefs. Whether he will or will not be good eventually is a whole other discussion, but if you think he's already on the levels of Frank Gore or even the guys from his class you're wrong. A guy who has only had more than 15 carries in a game once in his career is no way a beast. If he was the only great player on a weak team, ala Frank Gore on the 4-12ers or Ronnie Brown on the 07 Fins, he'd be fed the ball constantly.
You're again making strong statements about a guy you've never watched play and bringing up names like Gore from nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
The only reason why anyone would actually mention DMC in this thread would be video game related..

He absolutely does not belong anywhere near a discussion regarding the games best RB's.
I haven't played a football video game in years. Chris Johnson, Slaton and Forte don't deserve mention either. None of them have proven enough one way or the other.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #64
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Adrian Peterson.
Brandon Jacobs.

Everybody else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »