Home

Edge Joins The Seahawks

This is a discussion on Edge Joins The Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Edge Joins The Seahawks

If I'm Seattle, I still go with the pass-happy west coast offense and split carries between Julius and Edge. Limit them to like 10 carries a game each and come playoff time, they'll be fresh.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Honestly, Edge didn't really complain until late in the season and it seemed rightfully so. Once they listened to him and changed the gameplan in the playoffs, they went to the SB with him playing a big role.
I don't recall Edge being all that effective early and then they came back to him late in the season. The load was being carried by other guys and he was able to stay fresh. If he's smart he'll pull back and make fewer touches count more.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I can't say I remember too clearly (being honest) but I remember them trying to force feed Edge and then deciding to just go with the young guy and throw 90% of the time anyway. Before that, even Warner was in their ear about how things should be run. That's kind of how I remember that Edge didn't say much... bc he just got thrown to the curb but was quiet. He spoke on it, caught a bit of press for what he said, but then was used heavily in the playoffs and they went to the SB. Can't say I know if they planned it that way but it didn't seem like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #12
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Yea early on AZ tried force feeding Edge and it never worked. Just picked him up in Fantasy (thanks to WW) hope he gets some playing time.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #13
MVP

Well, "force feed" implys he didn't want the ball and therefore failed.

He got alot of touches and didn't do much, Hightower got the touches and did better early on. It's that simple.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
Well, "force feed" implys he didn't want the ball and therefore failed.

He got alot of touches and didn't do much, Hightower got the touches and did better early on. It's that simple.
That's not what it implies at all. Everyone criticized ARI for not running the ball so it appeared they got Edge so they decided to prove everyone they could run and just hammered him into the line over and over. I wish there were more Cards fans around to get into more detail, but I'm pretty sure "running game" they were trying to add into the mix was a joke. Hightower did better with 3rd down and change of pace carries. When he became the starter they'd already gone back to the pass happy ways of years before, so his touches were still "change of pace" so to speak. I'm not saying Edge would've made the probowl in a different system but he seemed to have reason to complain... but didn't, and when he did speak up they used him more efficiently in the playoffs.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
... but I'm pretty sure "running game" they were trying to add into the mix was a joke.
Well, I didn't see a whole lot of Cards games during the regular season but the stats seem to show Edge was getting about 18 to 19 touches the first few games (subtracting the low touches in a blow out loss to NYJ) and averaging around 3 yards a carry. Then Edge was phased out and Hightower picked up those touches.

He looked real good week 17 but between that and week 5 he was a non factor. Hightower wasn't a massive upgrade but there are weeks Edge didn't get the ball...sounds like something more than a faulty scheme was going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
Banned

hotboyz81's Arena

OVR: 9

IMO he'll rush for less than 1,000 yds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »