Home

So why aren't these teams dysfunctional?

This is a discussion on So why aren't these teams dysfunctional? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #137
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: So why aren't these teams dysfunctional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
That still doesn't change the fact that we're talking in hindsight here. No one knew the 49ers and Broncos would be 3-1 and 4-0 respectively when I started this thread. To bring up the record now is asinine. In fact, the record doesn't matter. Apparently it doesn't since we were in the Superbowl in 2002 and it don't matter for us. I conceded that we were dysfunctional, but the way we play and our record has nothing to do with that. That means we're bad, not dysfunctional. Now our coaches punching other coaches....well now that may be dysfunctional lol.
So if I said Orton would be great and he ended up with an all pro season would you consider that hindsight just bc you didn't agree when I said it?

You're right, the record is only part of the equation. It's also how well both teams have continued to be run, handle issues, etc. while the Raiders don't seem to know what they're doing, which is showing on the field and therefore in the record... and their coach may get locked up for punching an assistant (which some believed happens all the time).

If you conceded then why are you arguing now?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #138
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Umm read the thread bud!!! I conceded that we were dysfunctional a long time ago.....IN THIS THREAD. Maybe you should try READING before you start making comments and giving suggestions as to what people should do. OK?

EDIT: You're telling me his comments weren't in hindsight? Because the OP was a complete failure? Maybe, just maybe, some of you need to look in a dictionary every now and then.
You know you're wrong (and desperate) when you try to throw out insults.

I would debate with you, but it's clear you are not one to be reasoned with.

Here's what I'll say, then I'm done. You thinking the other teams were dysfunctional was proved wrong by what happened on the field.

Nobody just started saying the other teams weren't dysfunctional after the wins. THAT would be an example of hindsight playing a role in an argument. We knew these teams were not dysfunctional before they started winning. Again, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HINDSIGHT.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 10-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #139
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
So if I said Orton would be great and he ended up with an all pro season would you consider that hindsight just bc you didn't agree when I said it?
I was just going to make an example like this. Thanks for saving me a bit of typing.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #140
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

You're right, the record is only part of the equation. It's also how well both teams have continued to be run, handle issues, etc. while the Raiders don't seem to know what they're doing, which is showing on the field and therefore in the record... and their coach may get locked up for punching an assistant (which some believed happens all the time).

If you conceded then why are you arguing now?
My original argument was whether alliball's comment was in hindsight. I'm not arguing the dysfunctionality( is that a word? lol) of the Raiders. That's what it was about. In hindsight, I guess I should have just kept my comments to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
You know you're wrong (and desperate) when you try to throw out insults.

I would debate with you, but it's clear you are not one to be reasoned with.

Here's what I'll say, then I'm done. You thinking the other teams were dysfunctional was proved wrong by what happened on the field.

Nobody just started saying the other teams weren't dysfunctional after the wins. THAT would be an example of hindsight playing a role in an argument. We knew these teams were not dysfunctional before they started winning. Again, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HINDSIGHT.
I apologize if you feel like I insulted you. I reread the post and it does read kind of harsh. I did not mean to be as harsh as that looked. I'm not here to insult you or anyone so please believe me when I tell you I apologize if you feel that I was trying to insult you. I assure you I was not.

Hmm, I guess this thread has definitely run it's course. Mods do your thing.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #141
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Answer: Al Davis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #142
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
That still doesn't change the fact that we're talking in hindsight here. No one knew the 49ers and Broncos would be 3-1 and 4-0 respectively when I started this thread. To bring up the record now is asinine.
Well the 9ers did finish last season strong in the 2nd half under Interim Coach Singletary....if that means anything.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #143
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
The Saints believe that defense is optional.
Darren Sharper disagrees.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #144

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
The Broncos had a bunch of issues and don't look anywhere near as good as their record indicates.
Good Call.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »