Home

The 100% Favre and Vick Free, New Offseason Acquisitions Thread

This is a discussion on The 100% Favre and Vick Free, New Offseason Acquisitions Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: The 100% Favre and Vick Free, New Offseason Acquisitions Thread

So let me get this straight: You think I'm right, but I don't know what I'm talking about?

That makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 02:51 AM   #42

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
So let me get this straight: You think I'm right, but I don't know what I'm talking about?

That makes sense.
When did I say you were right?

Everything you have ever said about their organization is that they are in shambles and everything is falling apart which is incorrect.

Their defense has been much approved (especially the secondary), their offense is efficient, and while it is no where as near as potent as they were last year they will still be somewhat effective.

I have never claimed the Broncos were going to win the Super Bowl, win the division, or even make the playoffs for that matter.

My problem with you is that you make statements about the team when you clearly have no knowledge of what you are saying.

I.E. McDaniels has no control of this team. (One of your statements)

If you read ANYTHING about this team, you would know that that is as far from the truth as anything.

You keep regurgitating things about this team that you read through the mass media. And that is the problem.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #43
Banned

How is their defense "much improved"? Their defense was terrible last year. They added an ancient Brian Dawkins, who probably isn't going to play a full season, and a couple of other older veteran nobodies. They traded a 2010 first rounder, in an idiotic move, to get Alphonso Smith, while the Bears could end up winning 10 or more games this year and they'll end up picking much higher in the next draft with their pick. They did nothing at all to address the megaproblems they have in their front 7. Their defense isn't "much improved" at all. It's going to be bad again this year.

You keep thinking this offense is going to be "efficient". Meanwhile, their offense WAS pretty freaking awesome with Jay Cutler being at QB. It's the only thing that kept them in games last year. But hey, lets tell Jay Cutler that you're trading for Tom Brady's backup because he had one mediocre season, and then implement a new system that is just going to play into the weaknesses of the team. Good luck with that effecient offense when you're down 20 points and throwing 3 yard checkdowns every play, since your new QB sucks and isn't going to complete anything downfield.

McDaniels tore down what was a good looking base in Denver. I don't know how the hell anyone can think axing Jay Cutler for Matt Cassell, when Cutler is making great strides and looking like a soon to be elite QB, is a good move. And then the move backfiring and you end up with neither of them, but freaking Kyle Orton. I call walking into a team in one offseason and instantly alienating your star QB, and forcing him to demand a trade, very goddamn stupid. It's creating a problem where there isn't one.

So far, the two best offensive players on the team have demanded trades, and both have made a circus out of their situations. That usually speaks to the head coaching, in Cutler's case it DIRECTLY speaks to the head coaching. Losing Shannahan for another Belichick castoff isn't promising either. I have a feeling that McDaniels is going to be the next Mangini, since he seems to have the same bad attitude of trying to force his players into things.

Did I get all of that from ESPN?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #44
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Their Defense is going to be bad based on what?

Quote:
They traded a 2010 first rounder, in an idiotic move, to get Alphonso Smith,
Idiotic because they're trying to add players to a unit that was terrible last year?

Quote:
They did nothing at all to address the megaproblems they have in their front 7.
Yea, they didn't add anybody at all to their Front 7. Not in the Draft or FA.

But hey, as long as you're predicting the future, you mind telling me tonight's Lotto Numbers while you're at it?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Their Defense is going to be bad based on what?
Based on the fact that they were really bad last year and are still essentially the same unit up front, aside from implementing a 3-4, with players that can't play a 3-4? Adding a couple of DB's isn't going to stop the run, or the pass, since they won't be getting any penetration.

Quote:
Idiotic because they're trying to add players to a unit that was terrible last year?
Idiotic because they traded a FIRST ROUNDER. Their first rounder. When they had the Bears. For a position that they don't desperately need help at, unlike their defensive line. The Broncos could very well win 5 games or less this season (very good for them that they get to play the Chiefs/Raiders twice). While the Bears could very well win 10 games or more. I don't see the upside of picking later in the draft, when you should picking top 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #46

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
How is their defense "much improved"? Their defense was terrible last year. They added an ancient Brian Dawkins, who probably isn't going to play a full season, and a couple of other older veteran nobodies. They traded a 2010 first rounder, in an idiotic move, to get Alphonso Smith, while the Bears could end up winning 10 or more games this year and they'll end up picking much higher in the next draft with their pick. They did nothing at all to address the megaproblems they have in their front 7. Their defense isn't "much improved" at all. It's going to be bad again this year.
Did you watch their defense at all last year? At all? They were terrible. Adding help to the secondary is much improved.

You can still suck and be much improved right? I never said the Broncos were going to have a top 10 defense.

Quote:
You keep thinking this offense is going to be "efficient". Meanwhile, their offense WAS pretty freaking awesome with Jay Cutler being at QB. It's the only thing that kept them in games last year. But hey, lets tell Jay Cutler that you're trading for Tom Brady's backup because he had one mediocre season, and then implement a new system that is just going to play into the weaknesses of the team. Good luck with that effecient offense when you're down 20 points and throwing 3 yard checkdowns every play, since your new QB sucks and isn't going to complete anything downfield.
I don't even think you know what you are arguing with me about anymore.

I never said anything about the current offense being better than what it could have been with Cutler.

Efficient doesn't mean amazing.

Quote:
McDaniels tore down what was a good looking base in Denver. I don't know how the hell anyone can think axing Jay Cutler for Matt Cassell, when Cutler is making great strides and looking like a soon to be elite QB, is a good move. And then the move backfiring and you end up with neither of them, but freaking Kyle Orton. I call walking into a team in one offseason and instantly alienating your star QB, and forcing him to demand a trade, very goddamn stupid. It's creating a problem where there isn't one.
Again, I don't recall saying anything contrary.

I was/still am a huge Cutler fan.

Quote:
Did I get all of that from ESPN?
Nothing you said is really that unique of an opinion.

Quote:

Based on the fact that they were really bad last year and are still essentially the same unit up front, aside from implementing a 3-4, with players that can't play a 3-4? Adding a couple of DB's isn't going to stop the run, or the pass, since they won't be getting any penetration.
Hmm, shows how much you really know.

Up front, only one player was there last year (Peterson). Both McBean and Fields are new. And of the linebackers only two (Dumervil and Williams) were regulars last season.

Quote:
Idiotic because they traded a FIRST ROUNDER. Their first rounder. When they had the Bears. For a position that they don't desperately need help at, unlike their defensive line. The Broncos could very well win 5 games or less this season (very good for them that they get to play the Chiefs/Raiders twice). While the Bears could very well win 10 games or more. I don't see the upside of picking later in the draft, when you should picking top 10.
I don't know who you are trying to argue with here? It was idiotic and big head scratcher but I'll assume that it was done for a purpose. I have no idea what reason it could have been done for but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now until we see it play out.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #47
Banned

You make no sense at all. You're sitting here crying about what I'm posting, but then claiming you're not disagreeing with any of it, while STILL telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. You're on ignore now.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #48
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Some people get it and some don't. Oh well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »