Home

The 100% Favre and Vick Free, New Offseason Acquisitions Thread

This is a discussion on The 100% Favre and Vick Free, New Offseason Acquisitions Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The 100% Favre and Vick Free, New Offseason Acquisitions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Like I said, when you're not mature enough to have a discussion about differing opinions and just sit there and go "HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT", that is insulting. And wasteful. I don't have time for juveniles, so you'll also go on ignore now.

Or I got it with my own two eyes. I don't know what ESPN has said about the Broncos offseason all in all, I barely follow it these days because I can't stand the East Coast/Brett Favre bias. I only tune in for quick highlights if I haven't already seen them elsewhere.

It's funny when you try to call people out on where they get their information, considering you get your information from all of the same sources. But it's somehow okay when you do it.

It's a "mass media" claim now that Reggie Bush was going to be the next great RB? Because EVERYBODY didn't think that at the time? It's so funny how time goes by and everyone tries to act like they were that one guy who was in the know and claim they said he'd be better off as a weapon and not an every down back. Yes it was media hype, but it doesn't mean everybody on the planet didn't think it based off of his college career at the time. If you seriously sit here and claim you didn't, I'm just going to assume that you're a liar.

There's plenty of REALLY athletic guys in the NFL who can do the same thing Reggie does, if that's what the offense is going to be built around. But other teams don't have to rely on that. I'm not that impressed by catching a bunch of checkdown/screens, sorry. You can do that with lots of RB's.

And given the injuries, it doesn't exactly help his status as a bust/non bust.
Thing is you're proving jmood's point but don't really realize it, but that wasn't my fight so I'm not going to harp on it, just where it relates to your response to me here.

First, I said if ESPN = Mass media so I don't know why you said how much you actually watch ESPN in response to that post. What were your "own two eyes" looking at? That wasn't in response to Bush or any player in game so you were looking at media reports from somewhere, which is what kehlis was saying.

Like in the other thread when I became a liar, I don't want to go over all the details bc it's way off topic and was already done to death in another thread... but please, go check the Cutler thread out. Focusing only on where information is gotten, no one ever said McDaniels tried to get Cassell. That was a thought created by the media. You can even look for Cutler quotes on it, his agent, McDaniels, Broncos management. The problem is a media source reports an opinion based on what quotes they have. Other media sources piggy back on it and it balloons. I looked at the timeline of important events like when did Cutler first demand a trade (when Shannahan was fired before McDaniels was even there) and what other behavior he showed (not calling his boss back, putting his house up for sale but saying they're trying to trade him but he wants to stay, etc.). I also read the only facts available, every quote from Cutler, his agent, McDaniels and anyone in the Broncos front office. It's the same information the reporters have and I used it to make my own opinion, rather than skim through reporters opinions and then run with it.

So I don't know if you looked through all the same things I did (you can find that thread and see many of the articles and things I read bc I posted some quotes and links) but it does seem like what you got from what you did see was based on the opinions of reporters and bloggers and not actual quotes and actions.

As for%

Last edited by wwharton; 09-02-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #58
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

When does steelcurtain get banned? He's clearly trolling in this thread as he has done many times before.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #59
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Thing is you're proving jmood's point but don't really realize it, but that wasn't my fight so I'm not going to harp on it, just where it relates to your response to me here.

First, I said if ESPN = Mass media so I don't know why you said how much you actually watch ESPN in response to that post. What were your "own two eyes" looking at? That wasn't in response to Bush or any player in game so you were looking at media reports from somewhere, which is what kehlis was saying.

Like in the other thread when I became a liar, I don't want to go over all the details bc it's way off topic and was already done to death in another thread... but please, go check the Cutler thread out. Focusing only on where information is gotten, no one ever said McDaniels tried to get Cassell. That was a thought created by the media. You can even look for Cutler quotes on it, his agent, McDaniels, Broncos management. The problem is a media source reports an opinion based on what quotes they have. Other media sources piggy back on it and it balloons. I looked at the timeline of important events like when did Cutler first demand a trade (when Shannahan was fired before McDaniels was even there) and what other behavior he showed (not calling his boss back, putting his house up for sale but saying they're trying to trade him but he wants to stay, etc.). I also read the only facts available, every quote from Cutler, his agent, McDaniels and anyone in the Broncos front office. It's the same information the reporters have and I used it to make my own opinion, rather than skim through reporters opinions and then run with it.

So I don't know if you looked through all the same things I did (you can find that thread and see many of the articles and things I read bc I posted some quotes and links) but it does seem like what you got from what you did see was based on the opinions of reporters and bloggers and not actual quotes and actions.

As for%
I responded on Bush too but it looks like it got cut off. Oh well... short answer, check out his stats (ALL of his stats). And go look at what he did in college. Other than not being injured, if you expected a ton more when healthy then it was unreasonable.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Everyone here is looking at media reports. Does your internet take you into the locker room and mine doesn't? No. We get our information from the same sources. So sitting here telling me I'm going off of what the media tells me couldn't be more stupid. Are you guys sportsbeat writers? No. You're not in the locker room either. So you don't have a pedestal to stand on.

Quote:
Where has it ever said Cutler demanded a trade when Shannahan was fired? I've never seen anything different than "McDaniels tells Cutler he wants to trade for Cassell. Cutler is pissed. They don't trade for Cassell, but McDaniels tells Cutler that he could still be traded. Cutler wants out." Anything that says different, I'd have to question its credibility.

Regardless of what's true or not true there, it's still the Broncos being stupid. Getting rid of Shannahan was boneheaded move number 1. Bringing in a guy who immediately clashed with Cutler and tried to replace him was boneheaded move number 2.
Quote:

When does steelcurtain get banned? He's clearly trolling in this thread as he has done many times before.
"Trolling"? I'm doing everything possible to stay on subject. I'm not the guy sitting here telling others they don't know what they're talking about, and trying to act like an insider elitist. I ignore people who aren't here to talk about the subject of football, not encourage them, so nice theory and everything.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #61
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

I actually explained, in detail, what you asked about... you just chopped the post up to write that before I did. If you don't want to consider it, that's on you, but don't really see a reason to keep discussing it then.

I also said there's a Cutler thread here at OS with all the information you asked for and claim doesn't exist. If you don't want to find it that's also on you. You want to take what you know and roll with it. You shouldn't tell people they're wrong or they don't know more if you're not willing to go beyond what you already know though. You can hit search or just keep the blinders on... or if you just want to call the Broncos stupid, then you'd be better off just rolling with what information you currently have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Alright guys, I gotta step in here. Now let's all just calm down, and get this thread back on topic. K?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »