Home

Did you see the Favre Cheap shot?

This is a discussion on Did you see the Favre Cheap shot? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Did you see the Favre Cheap shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Exactly; I believe he just saw a guy and tried to block him - I don't think it was an intentional cheap shot.

**The bigger question: is Childress that much of an idiot to have Favre out wide blocking in a pre-season game?
Don't even get me started on Childress. He had a 3rd-and-2 at the Texans 34. Pretty much the only way to screw this up is to call a dropback pass. A run is more reliable to pick up 2 yards, a run offers a better chance of setting up a 4th-and-1 or 4th-and-inches in a possible 4-down area of the field. And a run has much less chance of losing 4+ yards and knocking the Vikings out of field goal range.

So, of course, Childress called a dropback pass. One sack later and the Vikings are punting the ball away.

Childress does this all the time. If I can outcoach a guy in a situation just because I've played Madden, that guy shouldn't be coaching an NFL team.

But in Childress' defense, I don't think that run was designed to go to Favre's side. I think Harvin just got a little antsy and wanted something to do, so he kept the ball. In the future, though, it'd probably be good to line Favre up on the strongside, since a Harvin sweep to the weakside isn't too fearsome when Favre's the only blocker out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

LOL! Brett's just having fun! Golly gee, I love him. He sure does bring a playful attitude to the NFL. There will never be anyone else like him. <3<3<3
Old 09-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah there's no way Favre was trying to hurt the guy. He did something similar early last season too, to kind of show the fans and team he's a team player (last year it wasn't an illegal hit). It was pretty stupid though. And I actually would be shocked if he didn't get fined. They even took a break from hanging from his sac in the broadcast booth to say he'll probably get fined.
I thought it was a recent rule change. Is this the Hines Ward rule.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I thought it was a recent rule change. Is this the Hines Ward rule.
I don't think so because he went at the knees. I think this one's been around for a while, though not forever. Last year when he did it, he did pretty much the same thing but was out in front of the runner, facing the guy so it was legal. I just don't think he really knows what he's doing out there but he's trying (probably like every QB in that situation).
Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I don't think so because he went at the knees. I think this one's been around for a while, though not forever. Last year when he did it, he did pretty much the same thing but was out in front of the runner, facing the guy so it was legal. I just don't think he really knows what he's doing out there but he's trying (probably like every QB in that situation).
Yeah, running the ball towards his side doesn't make any sense.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #30
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Just a matter of time before a QB is lost for the season in the Wildcat formation.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #31
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Why did they run the ball towards Brett in the first place? Ridiculous to put him in that position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #32
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

**** this guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »