Home

Did you see the Favre Cheap shot?

This is a discussion on Did you see the Favre Cheap shot? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Did you see the Favre Cheap shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I'm not defending this at all, but w in the f do you want Favre in this wacky formation to begin with?
Learn how to man his position. Whether its the coaches fault for not telling him or Favre's for not learning (yeah, training camp is so useless).

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Was it a foul? Yes. Cheap? Not at all. QB's spend 0 time practicing how to block. Besides following the hit on Keith RIvers last year making it illegal to hit him high, there wasn't a place that he could block him on that play.
If they are going to run that formation, then they better learn. You folks are thinking like fans, not the NFL. I don't care if he's a QB. You think if a corner hits a QB in the head while he's in the pocket, the league will say "he's not used to rushing the passer."? If you get on the field you're responsible to know the rules. Especially those designed to prevent injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
LOL! Brett's just having fun! Golly gee, I love him. He sure does bring a playful attitude to the NFL. There will never be anyone else like him. <3<3<3
This isn't Manny being Manny. The guy could have put a player out of commission. And we all know Fhony can't stop looking @ himself in a mirror long enough to be concerned about another player's means of living.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #42
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Honestly though, that was probably the right thing for Favre to do in the situation. I mean, you can't hit him high or low anymore, what is he supposed to do? Hines Ward's block on Rivers was a great block, and more people are going to get hurt because of that rule now because people's legs are gonna get taken out all the time.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
This isn't Manny being Manny. The guy could have put a player out of commission. And we all know Fhony can't stop looking @ himself in a mirror long enough to be concerned about another player's means of living.
That was sarcasm. I don't have access to ESPN at the moment so I don't know for sure how they've glossed over Favre almost crippling a guy, but I'm sure they thought it was wonderful and brought a unique attitude to football. Basically, Favre could kill a puppy and they'd find a way to love it.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #44
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
That was sarcasm. I don't have access to ESPN at the moment so I don't know for sure how they've glossed over Favre almost crippling a guy, but I'm sure they thought it was wonderful and brought a unique attitude to football. Basically, Favre could kill a puppy and they'd find a way to love it.
Actually (and surprisingly), pretty much across the board it was called a bad play and Favre was not only criticized, but called deserving of a fine. Feel free to faint from shock now.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #45
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
**The bigger question: is Childress that much of an idiot to have Favre out wide blocking in a pre-season game?
Yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Favre's intentions to injure the dude. He just doesn't know how to block.

Fine him for the dumb block, but don't bring his character in to play and say it was dirty.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
My bad. My sarcasm meter needs new batteries.

-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #48
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I don't think so because he went at the knees. I think this one's been around for a while, though not forever. Last year when he did it, he did pretty much the same thing but was out in front of the runner, facing the guy so it was legal. I just don't think he really knows what he's doing out there but he's trying (probably like every QB in that situation).
I think it's the rule about not being able to come from outside in and cut somebody.

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »