Home

Jags and Chargers on black out likely. Heres the list of teams.

This is a discussion on Jags and Chargers on black out likely. Heres the list of teams. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #25
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Jags and Chargers on black out likely. Heres the list of teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Just get a Direct TV card from another state. Problem solved.
OK, Mr. Pirate

You could also go to a sports bar, most seem to find ways to bypass those restrictions possibly the same way mentioned above here.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #26
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
nfl really needs to let this year slide on that blackout rule its not really fair like i wanted to go to some games but i cant really afford it because of well the tickets,parking,food,gas its expensive right now to go to a game with this economy.
I don't think they can just let it slide because in the past they kept it up when some teams weren't selling great...Sucks for the fans, but not much you can do...Either they change the rule permanently or leave it alone I think.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Easier said then done..
Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #28
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

As I said in another thread, the NFL is a crooked money grubbing aristocracy. They WILL block out the games because they are ego maniacs who believe their product to be invincible. And they will probably win, for the time being. Much like Madden Football, they will stay on top until someone gets serious about knocking them off. So long as they are running unopposed, they will abuse their power every chance they get.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #29
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Bingo.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Its actually not the either stadium that has to sellout. The NFL counts only non premium seats towards the blackout. Premium seats are those designated as club seats, suits, boxes, etc. So they subtract that from the total attendance and then that is the number of tickets you have to sell.

While it would be great if the NFL suspended the rule this year, it would devalue the tickets, hurt revenue more, and what about those fans who gave stuff up to get tickets because they weren't going to be able to see it, you won't give them their money back.

Blackouts used to be the normal in the NFL, it wasn't until around 2000 that they became rare.

I would like them to out up the rights to rebroadcast the games in the local markets Sunday or Monday night and let a local station bid on it.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #31
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
living in Canada helps too

I understand the logic...but it's really all about winning - they are rewarding winning more than marketing/advertising/seat sales.

If I lived somewhere, where I hated the owner of my team, hated most of the players for underperforming, and it was as close to a guaranteed loss as you can get - guess what? economy or not, I'm not going...unless maybe I have a 2nd or 3rd fav team that I enjoy watching that was in town.

you can market crap all you want, but it will only work if the product on the field is worth your attention.

having said all that...there are those anomolies like SD - are the tickets too expensive there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #32
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
living in Canada helps too

I understand the logic...but it's really all about winning - they are rewarding winning more than marketing/advertising/seat sales.

If I lived somewhere, where I hated the owner of my team, hated most of the players for underperforming, and it was as close to a guaranteed loss as you can get - guess what? economy or not, I'm not going...unless maybe I have a 2nd or 3rd fav team that I enjoy watching that was in town.

you can market crap all you want, but it will only work if the product on the field is worth your attention.

having said all that...there are those anomolies like SD - are the tickets too expensive there?
It's Southern California. There's just too much other stuff to do there. This is why LA is such a terrible football town. Trying to get 60,000 people to a venue in LA without any celebrities performing is damn near impossible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »