Home

Is Sunday Ticket even worth it anymore?

This is a discussion on Is Sunday Ticket even worth it anymore? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Is Sunday Ticket even worth it anymore?

I used buy Sunday Ticket, but I just don't see the point anymore. The one caveat is if your team is out of market. I would pony up to watch the Bears if I lived in a different market.

However assuming you have a favorite or home team that you have to watch every minute of every game, you have a limited amount of games to really watch.

If your team plays the early game, you have many weeks where there's 4 games going on....FOUR. Of those four one will be televised in my market most likely anyway. So I miss the Raider game....do I care?

You're not gonna miss the big games most likely. You have Sunday Night game, Monday night game, then Thursday Night game, then at the end of the season you have Saturday games. These are all national games.

New this year if you have NFL network is the new RedZone broadcast. What this shows you is when every team is in the red zone, Live in HD. And it's free.

So really I just dont' see the point of dropping $300 on catching 3 games I probably won't care about, but can still see most of the live scoring anyway.

This made sense 10 years ago, but not so much now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Is Sunday Ticket even worth it anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I used buy Sunday Ticket, but I just don't see the point anymore. The one caveat is if your team is out of market. I would pony up to watch the Bears if I lived in a different market.

However assuming you have a favorite or home team that you have to watch every minute of every game, you have a limited amount of games to really watch.

If your team plays the early game, you have many weeks where there's 4 games going on....FOUR. Of those four one will be televised in my market most likely anyway. So I miss the Raider game....do I care?

You're not gonna miss the big games most likely. You have Sunday Night game, Monday night game, then Thursday Night game, then at the end of the season you have Saturday games. These are all national games.

New this year if you have NFL network is the new RedZone broadcast. What this shows you is when every team is in the red zone, Live in HD. And it's free.

So really I just dont' see the point of dropping $300 on catching 3 games I probably won't care about, but can still see most of the live scoring anyway.

This made sense 10 years ago, but not so much now.
It works for what me and my family use it for. We like watching Jacksonville, Dallas, Washington, and apparently now Minnesota and Philadelphia (aunt loves Favre, and we're all rooting for Vick).

It's most worth it for J-ville because they are never on locally in SW VA.

So yeah, it's nice to be able to have all of those games, whereas before Sunday Ticket, we'd see the Washington game, and some late west coast game that we didn't care about.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

It'd be worth it for me. I live in Florida now, just moved a couple months ago. So I won't be getting Colts games every Sunday anymore. But yea if you live in the same market as your favorite team, and you can watch them locally every Sunday anyways, then there's really no point in the Sunday Ticket.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

This will be my first year without it in since 2005.

I am dreading having to go to bars to see the Broncos (especially when the Steelers are playing).

As you eluded to, since my team is out of market, it probably made sense for me, and I doubt I would have ever made the switch to dtv had it not been the case.

As much as I will miss watching the Broncos from my own chair, I will miss the Red Zone channel equally, when the Broncos weren't on, I just left it on and felt like I didn't miss anything.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

The NFL Network will have a new channel that seems to be the same as the Red Zone channel. We'll see how it goes this year.

Still love my Sunday Ticket btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The NFL Network will have a new channel that seems to be the same as the Red Zone channel. We'll see how it goes this year.

Still love my Sunday Ticket btw.
Yea I saw that, my guess is the major difference will be that the NFL Networks channel will show just highlights whereas dtv's version shows games live.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

While i'm up in Oregon, I don't wanna be stuck watching the crappy nfc west all season. So being able to watch all 16 baltimore games this year makes the sunday ticket well worth it for me.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yea I saw that, my guess is the major difference will be that the NFL Networks channel will show just highlights whereas dtv's version shows games live.
Nope, the new Red Zone is live.

Quote:
"There's no better way to kick off the 2009 NFL football season than by changing the way America watches football, and DISH Network is pleased to offer consumers an opportunity to catch every touchdown and the biggest plays as they happen."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »