Home

Tarvaris Jackson Being Shopped

This is a discussion on Tarvaris Jackson Being Shopped within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Tarvaris Jackson Being Shopped

When he is able to complete a 3rd down pass, then it will be Ok. So many times last year he end drives because he couldn't do the simple things.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Do the Pats have a proven back up? IIRC, they just cut their developmental QB, Kevin O'Connell.
The Pats are a good fit. Belicheat is good with QB development, and that team is loaded on offense. If Tom goes down again, the team is still a threat with Jackson on the roster.

If I'm the Rams and Niners, I want a backup plan for my current situation. I think those are two other teams that could use Jackson.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Carolina.

Accuracy is one of the easiest things to fix for a QB. There have been a number of who we consider great QB's who were inaccurate when they came in the league and with hardwork and some time became very good passers.
Couldn't agree more man. I would love to him him in black and blue. At least he would prove to be a worthy back up. I have a feeling that Jake is going to either struggle this year, or have injury issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Carolina.

Accuracy is one of the easiest things to fix for a QB. There have been a number of who we consider great QB's who were inaccurate when they came in the league and with hardwork and some time became very good passers.
Accuracy is only easy to teach if your pupil is willing to do the work on his own. Moreover, NFL coaches don't spend nearly enough time focusing on it (or fundamentals in general), they are more concerned with preparing their game plans.

Delhome is lucky to live in such a forgiving city. McNabb has accomplished much more in his time in Philly, yet those fans seem to try to run him out of town ever other year. I think it's time they got someone to replace him in a year or two, but I think they'll probably address the position in the draft. That's a guess, not a prophecy.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Couldn't agree more man. I would love to him him in black and blue. At least he would prove to be a worthy back up. I have a feeling that Jake is going to either struggle this year, or have injury issues.
Did the Panthers cut the dude that led them back in that one preseason game this year? I kinda like him lol
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
When he is able to complete a 3rd down pass, then it will be Ok. So many times last year he end drives because he couldn't do the simple things.
Tarvaris had a 107.8 QB rating on 3rd downs last year. He also had 7 rushes for 62 yards.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Carolina, New England(assuming they don't get AJ Feeley), Green Bay would probably be the best situations for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
The Pats are a good fit. Belicheat is good with QB development, and that team is loaded on offense. If Tom goes down again, the team is still a threat with Jackson on the roster.

If I'm the Rams and Niners, I want a backup plan for my current situation. I think those are two other teams that could use Jackson.
Personally, I think Belichick would rather have Rosenfels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »