Home

NFC north prediction thread

This is a discussion on NFC north prediction thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
NFC north prediction thread

Im so happy football season is back.

That said, I always like to spark up these discussion just to see who is on their game early in the year and to see who will be eating crow in February. So ill start with my home division cause Im sure someone else will get the ball rolling with the others.

1=Green Bay Packers 13-3. This will surprise anyone who knows me on this board. I am a bears homer, but I am thoroughly impressed with Green bay's roster and performance this preaseason. Rodgers seems on point, they are young and loaded. Their defense will be a lot better and they have a very soft schedule. They were in almost every game they lost last year but youth kept putting them on the wrong side of the W. Barring injury I say this is this years surprise break out team and may end up with the No 1 seed in the NFC.

2=Chicago Bears 10-6. We look darn good at times. Cutler seems to be making the most out of our receivers, Forte looks like he is poised for a 1300 yard season plus another 500 receiving yards. But the defense needed these offensive players about 3 years ago when they were in their prime. Now they are swiftly heading out of their prime years with injuries slowing down former pro bowlers (Vasher, Urlacher, Harris) and age slowing down our pass rush. We will end up in more shoot outs that usual and we may have the gunsliger but not the bullets to win the division. Thank god for another easy schedule.

3= Minnesota Vikings 7-9. Going out on a slight limb here. Favre doesnt finish the season as Vikings starter. I think Favre was a bad move and will be the key to them losing the division. He is far less than what he was even last year when he threw 22 INTs and was cut. He will take carries away from AP. try to force balls into Bernard Berriean deep, and tweak the locker room all while costing Brad Childress his job.

4= Detroit Lions, 3-13. Things can only get better right? Kevin Smith and Calvin Johnson are studs.... Thats about it. Maybe Cullpepper can see Randy moss in Johnson and rediscover his old self. but most likely they snatch 1 or two from the Rams or the bengals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: NFC north prediction thread

The Minnesota Vikings win the division. The Packers make a run at a wild card spot. The Bears and Lions stay home.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I think this is the best the NFC North has looked in years. The Lions are still the Lions, but in a couple years I could see them being pretty good and making some noise in the North. As long as Stafford pans out to be as good as he was hyped up to be, they'll be pretty good come 2011 or so. But the last time the Lions drafted a QB in the first round was in 2002 when they took Harrington with the 3rd pick...and look what he turned out to be. So who knows.

Now I disagree with pretty much all of your picks except the Lions. I think the Vikings will win the division. I can't possibly see how they won't. IMO they're a complete team now with Favre. We all knew about their defense with the William brothers up front and Jared Allen comin up the edge. They have arguably the best run defense in the league...a good set of LB's in Henderson and Greenway, and then Winfield in coverage. Safety is my only concern, but Madieu Williams isn't horrible by any means..he's decent. Idk much about their SS Tyrell Johnson though. And now their offense is complete. The only weakness they had was QB. They've fulfilled that weakness with Favre. He can stretch the defense and make plays. And we all know about Adrian Peterson who will help Favre out even more. Play Action plays should be beast this year for Minnesota. Not to mention they have two deep threat receivers in Berrian and Harvin, with Favre throwin the rock and not Jackson. And let's not forget about their offensive line with one of the best Guards in the league in Steve Hutchinson and Bryant McKinnie at LT. I say Vikings go 12-4 and win the division, possibly even the entire NFC.

The Packers: If they can get their run game going with Ryan Grant, they'll be dangerous as well. Rodgers did look great in preseason, but let's be honest..it's preseason. They have a nice pair of receivers in Driver and Jennings. And I really like the switch to the 3-4 for the Packers. It'll be interesting to see how Kampman plays now at OLB. I see the Packers looking good this year going 11-5 getting a Wild Card spot

Bears: I question this team. IDK. Matt Forte looked good last year, a year under his belt will only help him. Cutler is now at QB which is definitely a good move. But honestly, their receivers suck. Greg Olsen at TE is Cutlers best weapon. I question their defense the most though. I'm not sure what to expect. But they haven't changed much defensively, they're basically the same as last year where they finished 21st in the league and nearly the worst pass defense in the NFL. I can't really be that optimistic about their defense...Urlacher is only getting older and so is a lot of their other players. I gotta go 9-7 again this year for the Chicago Bears and they'll miss the Playoffs for the 3rd year in a row.

And Lions...well they're still the Lions at least for this year and I agree that they'll get about 3 wins.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 09-07-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

My predictions:

Bengals 11-5
Steelers (Wildcard)10-6
Ravens 7-9
Browns 3-13
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
My predictions:

Bengals 11-5
Steelers (Wildcard)10-6
Ravens 7-9
Browns 3-13
I think you've gotten a bit turned around bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
My predictions:

Bengals 11-5
Steelers (Wildcard)10-6
Ravens 7-9
Browns 3-13
NFC north... I dont know if these teams are in that division
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
And now their offense is complete.
Based off what?

Anyway, my predictions:
1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Lions

Why? Because says that's how the Media says it'll finish so that means it's right.

In all seriousness:
1. Packers: 11-5
2. Bears: 9-7
3. Vikings: 8-8
4. Lions: 7-9
Old 09-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 31

I think the division is hugely improved this year. My picks:

1. Packers: 11-5: I don't want to get too high on them yet because it's just preseason, but Rodgers looks like he's continuing to develop into a top-flight QB. Grant will hopefully bounce back this year, and the receiving corps is maybe top-5 in the league. Defensively, we'll see how the 3-4 pans out, but it certainly showed potential in the preseason. The schedule is relatively soft and I think they can put up a good division record (I expect four or five division wins), so I they'll end up with 10 or 11 wins overall and a division crown.

2. Vikings 10-6: I don't think Favre is the savior here, but they do have some pieces in place and should be able to get nine or ten wins if Favre is kept in control. However, this also has the potential to blow up big time.

3. Bears 7-9: Cutler is a talented QB, but he's also a headcase. More importantly, he's not going to have anyone to throw to. I'm nowhere near sold on Hester as a number one receiver. Forte should put up good numbers, but where's the rest of their offense coming from? Meanwhile, the defense is aging and not what it was a couple years ago. I think three years back, with the rest of that team as it was, a QB like Cutler would have made the difference for them in winning the Super Bowl. But the rest of their team has generally regressed from that point, and I think their window of being one QB away from a complete team has closed.

4. Lions 3-13: They will win a few games. That's an improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »