Home

What happened to the Cowboys?

This is a discussion on What happened to the Cowboys? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #73
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What happened to the Cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers
Here we go. TO being around is the reason we weren't any good. One man does not cause your team to go in the tank.
When he goes on national TV and throws his off coordinator on the bus, then tells outsiders that Romo only throws the ball to Witten, and pouts along the sideline all game......yes, one man can put your team in the tank.

He did it in San Fran. He did it in Philly. And he did it in Dallas. Buffalo is next, though they stink anyway.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 6

When he goes on national TV and throws his off coordinator on the bus, then tells outsiders that Romo only throws the ball to Witten, and pouts along the sideline all game......yes, one man can put your team in the tank.

Don't blame Owens for that. If that's the way the guy felt,that's how he felt. You wanna lay blame on someone,lay it on Brad Johnson(otherwise known as Ed Werder's unnamed source). He's the one who went to the media. He's the one who went out and ran off at the mouth about something that should have stayed in the locker room.

Like I said,you can't blame one guy. But if that makes cowboys fans feel better,then whatever.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #75
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Sooo the TO in Dallas was different than the one in Philly/SF, and it was the Cowboys ultimate fault or players other than TO?

What does TO get blamed for then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #76
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

T.O. is in buffalo let it die please, no matter what side you were on. The key to the season is offensive balance. Our defense will be dominating, we have to run run run then pass. If we do that we will have huge success.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #77
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers

Don't blame Owens for that. If that's the way the guy felt,that's how he felt. You wanna lay blame on someone,lay it on Brad Johnson(otherwise known as Ed Werder's unnamed source). He's the one who went to the media. He's the one who went out and ran off at the mouth about something that should have stayed in the locker room.

Like I said,you can't blame one guy. But if that makes cowboys fans feel better,then whatever.
Uh, you don't blame TO for blasting his OC on national TV? That wasn't Brad Johnson sitting in the chair, it was TO. And Johnson might have made the other turmoil public, but the cancer in the Cowboys locker room was already there long before Johnson told Werder anything.

Last edited by Freelance; 09-11-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #78
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

The Dallas defense "should" be good but will they?They have weapons on offense to get the job done even w/o #81.Romo will once again be a league leader in passing and this time barring a major injury to the Qb Dallas should make the playoffs.Thats my take....On another note 13 dollars for a "kobe" hamburger is a rip-off...lol The hotdogs tasted plain and watery,sushi way overpriced 22 dollars plus I dont like parasites in my food.I would strongly recommend tailgating if anyone ventures out to Jerry's World this season.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #79
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Wade Phillips happened.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #80
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

The funny thing is, with all the "overrated" talk about Romo, the real overrated people get overlooked: the Cowboys Defense. They have a few very good players (Ware being the obvious standout), but their overall line is weak, their LB depth is weak, and their secondary (outside of Newman, who is always injured, it seems) is largely unproven and thin. They miss tackles, they play soft, they don't generate turnovers, and frankly don't scare anyone.

All the talk was about Parcells' "vanilla" defense being the issue. They needed pressure. Well, that's where Wade was supposed to come in. The Cowboys defense registered 59 (i think) sacks last year, but was really no better than any time under Parcells. So now they get pressure, but play undisciplined. Again...soft. They have as much to prove as anyone. We'll see if their "new" DC makes a difference by being more hands on...I'm skeptical.

I'd love nothing better than to blame it all on Phillips (who is a horrible HC IMO) but the team crumbled under the great Parcells too. The coach can be as tough as he wants, but when the players know the coach doesn't really run the team, it won't matter without any player accountability.

I think TO being gone actually does help the team, but my question is if these guys are the "leaders" they say they are trying to be (Romo especially), why couldn't they be when TO was there? Real leaders step up when needed and don't need a path paved for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »