Home

What happened to the Cowboys?

This is a discussion on What happened to the Cowboys? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #33
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What happened to the Cowboys?

Being a Skins fan, I hate Dallas to the fullest, but they do have talent. If it's not the talent, it must be the coaching and game planning.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #34
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

The Cowboys don't know we will be this year, so how the prognosticators have any idea either? Every team in the division has questions/ concerns. I really don't think you can say any team in the NFC is heads and shoulders better than the rest. 3, Cowboys,Eagles,Giants have stellar QB play, Campbell is a work in progress. That is what makes the NFL so popular, anything can happen this season.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 6

"3, Cowboys,Eagles,Giants have stellar QB play"

I wouldn't consider what Dallas has to be stellar QB play. A stellar quarterback doesn't make that throw that Romo made that cost them the Steelers game last season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #36
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Yeah, as if last year has anythign to do with this year. While your stuck in the past, how many SB's have the Eagles won in the last 10 years? That's right the same as the Cowboys. And how many SBs have the Eagles won as an organization? Yeah, get back to us on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers
"04: Crayton, Julius Jones (starter with SEA), developed Romo (2 PB)"

The fact that he drafted Julius Jones when he could have had Stephen Jackson says all that needs to be said.
That has never been Parcells' style of drafting. He much prefers having a RB-by committee if possible because the offense revolves so much around the running game.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #37
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Yeah, as if last year has anythign to do with this year. While your stuck in the past, how many SB's have the Eagles won in the last 10 years? That's right the same as the Cowboys. And how many SBs have the Eagles won as an organization? Yeah, get back to us on that one.
The Eagles have had far more success than the Cowboys in the past 10 years. There is no comparison. This has been the worst era in Cowboys history. It's been 12 years since they won a playoff game. Never has the franchise had a stretch like that...and the stretch is going to continue this season.

let me ask my fellow Cowboys fans something, did Dallas get better in the offseason or worse? Did you see their draft? It was one of the worst drafts ive ever seen. What good FA acquisition did they have?...and dont say releasing one of the best WRs in the game and their best offensive player will make them better because that is ridiculous

They are going to be a good team, dont get me wrong. However, they will not be serious contenders this season and I doubt they make the playoffs. I hope im wrong, but I doubt it.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-10-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #38
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Whew,gettin thick in here...Dallas is fine. Nothin like the NFL football experience....Go Cowboys!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bigscreen.jpg (47.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg cowboys.jpg (49.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 09-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
How have the Giants and Eagles improved? Both have instability on defense and the same WR problems as the Cowboys. The Eagles OL won't just instantly gel because they added the most inconsisten LT in the game.

Isn't it a tad early to call Romo a choker? He's played in two playoff games ever. It's not like he's pissed on his leg in four NFC Championship games or anything. Romo still has time to improve.

The idea behind saying the Cowboys got better is that without TO they won't have the personnel to air it out like Garret likes to. They'll have to stick to a running game that, on paper, is top five in the NFL.

I'm not saying the Cowboys are the favorites in the division. All I'm saying is that the Cowboys won't be the laughing stock of the NFC East.
The Giants DL was very good last year. The Giants got Osi back. Which should make it even more dominating this year. On top of that, they drafted a WR who should help Eli out at the very least. Their WR core is terrible though, to be fair. This team was a lot better than the Cowboys last year, and I don't see that changing much now.

Peters was inconsistent because he wanted out of Buffalo. In a new situation, he could be crazy dominating. Not to mention, Philly had a pretty solid draft on the offensive side of things, getting Maclin and McCoy, some much needed depth to their offense that consists of an injured Brian Westbrook and no good WR's to speak of. On paper, Philly got better in the off season. Yeah, JJ is gone, but I doubt Andy Reid suddenly forgets what his schemes were.

Why is it early to call Romo a choker? He's been in numerous very big games, and he's embarrassed himself in all of them.

Losing TO is in no way a good thing for the Cowboys. Should they run the ball more? Yeah. But they could of done that with TO there, and of been all the more better for it. Instead they're now going to have to rely on Romo to win games with Roy Wiliams as his number 1 option.

I'm not saying the Cowboys will be embarrassingly terrible or anything. But given the hype they've gotten for the past three seasons, despite never being an elite team at any point, they're not so impressive. They shoudn't finish above third in their division, depending on what Haynesworth and Campbell do.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #40
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Honestly I'm not sure if I want them to win or lose. I think if they lose I'll have to listen to more moron Cowboy fans calling into NFL radio.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »