Home

Broncos @ Bengals

This is a discussion on Broncos @ Bengals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #73
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Broncos @ Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
You must be a new Bengals fan then. After following this team for almost three decades now, what happened today is nothing new. I've become de-sensitized to the whole thing.
I've been a bengals fan since i was like 8 years old so about 12 years now and trust me im use to their losing ways. But i really have hope for this team this year and to see them lose like that just kills me.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
Bingo, that and ive had a few run ins with dumb fans.
LOL! You're holding a grudge because of Bo Jackson's injury? Yeah, I can sort of see why. I've never forgiven the old coffee table at my grandmother's house because one time I stubbed my toe on it.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
LOL! You're holding a grudge because of Bo Jackson's injury? Yeah, I can sort of see why. I've never forgiven the old coffee table at my grandmother's house because one time I stubbed my toe on it.
yeah but hes BO JACKSON the guys a legend and grudge is such an ugly word, theres not many teams i hold a grudge with, but theres many teams i hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
All I can tell you is Walker didn't do it on purpose. That was a routine play. It was just a freak injury that happened with Bo. If you wanted revenge on Walker, he ended up blowing out his knee a couple of years later against the Giants and his career was over.

Every franchise has their share of dumb fans. A lot of dumb Bengals fans came out of the woodwork the year they went to the playoffs in 2005. Sorry if you had a run-in with someone rooting for the orange-and-black.
I dont mind people who are rooting for thier teams, its just when they become so un realistic and smug, and if you say one thing about the team they come out with a tirade of swears and stupid crap, anyway lets not forget i dont just hate the bengals, theres others who are much much much worse...damn chargers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #76
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Stupid bengals
Old 09-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #77
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

I got home from work and saw that the Broncos won this on a great freak play, and my first reaction was "Man I hope Gus Johnson called that game". I love Gus Johnson, no homo
Old 09-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #78
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
I've been a bengals fan since i was like 8 years old so about 12 years now and trust me im use to their losing ways. But i really have hope for this team this year and to see them lose like that just kills me.
I gotcha. As much as I hate to say it, you'll have to learn to keep your expectations tempered until there are major changes with ownership, or who has a say in day-to-day football matters, because this franchise won't take the next step until that happens. I'm talking a GM with some power, revamped scouting, less penny-pinching on a lot of little things, or, God-willing, the Brown family not owning the team anymore.

I made the choice prior to last season that I will no longer give the Brown family another dime of my money or be emotionally invested in this franchise until some changes are made. I still watch the games on tv, but don't plan my day around them, and still root for the players themselves, but if they lose every game, and completely embarrass Mike Brown enough to make some major changes, I'll be a happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
I dont mind people who are rooting for thier teams, its just when they become so un realistic and smug, and if you say one thing about the team they come out with a tirade of swears and stupid crap, anyway lets not forget i dont just hate the bengals, theres others who are much much much worse...damn chargers
Dude, I understand. When the Bengals made the playoffs in '05-'06, I witnessed plenty of that at their games or watching at bars. From the standpoint of someone who has followed the franchise for almost 30 years now and seen a lot of bad pro football games played by them, I can tell you those people haven't seen the light. It's the same light that Raiders fans hopefully realize that their team won't get back to where it had been until Al Davis gives up control. Both franchises need ownership/upper management changes big-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Stupid bengals
*sigh*
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

Last edited by SlimKibbles; 09-13-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #79
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Gus Johnson's call during that play might already be the best one of the year.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #80
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Man, us Raiders need all the help we can get and then some and the Bengals screwed it up. Oh well, I'm ready for a beatdown at the hands of the Dolts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »