Home

Monday Night Football: SD @ OAK

This is a discussion on Monday Night Football: SD @ OAK within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #17
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Monday Night Football: SD @ OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I have no idea why anyone thought that this was a good idea for a monday night game. I guess they like low ratings.
Umm...not sure how to tell you this, pimp, but the Raiders have one of the top 5 fanbases in all of sports. We are loyal, and we support this team like no other. It translates into watched games, even when we've had 6 straight horrible seasons.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:31 AM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I have no idea why anyone thought that this was a good idea for a monday night game. I guess they like low ratings.
What other west coast matchups would be better?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:34 AM   #19
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

27-10 SD...I have 3 players from my fantasy team playing...Moss/Gates/McFadden and I am done BIG.

Anyway hopefully it will be a good game.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 09-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #20
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
The game starts at 10:15 most of the East Coast will be in bed by the 2nd quarter PLUS it's a showcase for the AFL anniversary. Though I think it would've been better if they had a Denver/SD matchup.

Anyways I think this game will be closer then some think. Call it a hunch but I can see the Raiders pulling off the upset. In reality though they'll be competitive and lose by 2 scores.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
PLUS it's a showcase for the AFL anniversary.
I don't think that's the case.

This is the third year now of the second Monday night game for the first week. It has always been west coast games.

Den vs. SF (not 100% positive but pretty sure it was SF)
Den vs. Oak
Oak vs. SD

It has more to do with where the teams are located than the fact that they were both in the AFL regardless of if they will be wearing the AFL uniforms or not.

It's just a way to get extra viewers for the first Monday night game of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #22
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
lol at faider fans talking ****. Win a game against us then talk until then STFU. See you here tomorrow night for you *** whopping, that is if you cowards are here to take your medicine. Bitch
LOL. Check this Dolt boy out. I aint going nowhere. I'm actually expecting your punk *** team to beat us down. I been a Raider fan pretty much my whole 30 yrs of existence and have grown immune to their losing ways. Raider for life though man. And hopefully I get some tickets to the Black Hole south for the 2nd game. Pathetic fan base that city has. Not only for football but baseball also. Petco Park is Dodger Stadium #2.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:27 AM   #23
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think that's the case.

This is the third year now of the second Monday night game for the first week. It has always been west coast games.

Den vs. SF (not 100% positive but pretty sure it was SF)
Den vs. Oak
Oak vs. SD

It has more to do with where the teams are located than the fact that they were both in the AFL regardless of if they will be wearing the AFL uniforms or not.

It's just a way to get extra viewers for the first Monday night game of the year.
'06 was Charger/Raiders on opening week MNF too, as a double header.

'08 was Broncos/Raiders.
'07 was Arizona/SF
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
LOL. Check this Dolt boy out. I aint going nowhere. I'm actually expecting your punk *** team to beat us down. I been a Raider fan pretty much my whole 30 yrs of existence and have grown immune to their losing ways. Raider for life though man. And hopefully I get some tickets to the Black Hole south for the 2nd game. Pathetic fan base that city has. Not only for football but baseball also. Petco Park is Dodger Stadium #2.
You really don't understand the population of San Diego do you? Sports is not life in San Diego unlike many other cities in the country mainly because of the climate and geography. On top of that a great number of the population comes from other parts of the country and their loyalty is to their home town teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »