Home

Week 2: Giants @ Cowboys on SNF

This is a discussion on Week 2: Giants @ Cowboys on SNF within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #49
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 2: Giants @ Cowboys on SNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I still worry about our strong safety position relative to run support.
Sensabaugh was the best defensive player Dallas had last week, imo.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #50
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
The NFL always opens the seasons like this. Defenses don't play much at all in preseason, and they hardly hit or tackle. That's why you see all these 400+ yard games by offenses early in the year, then it goes away by midseason.
After wk 3 the ones who are still allowing big gains in the air/ground will typically sustain that through the year. The teams that have consistently progressed likely continue to do so.

So while Dallas did look pretty pathetic wk1, they've got an opportunity to step it up, and given they'll be facing 3 very good running teams (1 already) I think by wk3 we'll definitely know what they are and are not capable of.

Tampa Bay does have a (very) good O-line, and depth at runningback. Cadillac Williams didn't do anything he never was capable of doing last Sunday...just given his injuries it was a surprise to see him doing that good.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Sensabaugh was the best defensive player Dallas had last week, imo.
and how many yards we gave up on the ground?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #52
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I really think Dallas could get gashed on the ground this week. They looked bad against the run week 1. Romo will need to come up big again in order for the 'boys to control the clock and keep it away from that giants juggernaut run game.

Hopefully Roy Williams comes up big for my fantasy team. Is he still the teams top target?
They could get gashed but I dont think they will for a few reasons

1)G-men dont have the trio of Rb's any more.Which means Slowpoke(Jacobs) will have to do a lot more than he is used to.

2)Dallas is at home and they will run the ball more plus i dont see too many quick strikes like in the first game against Tampa.The defenses always take longer to get better play awareness than the offenses,this goes for the Vaunted Giants defense as well.

3)This is a division opponent that the Cows know all too well regardless of the 1,000 different run plays the G-men throw at them.

4)Romo,Romo,Romo.....4-0 against the G-men in Reg season and I don't see that changing this weekend.

Roy's Contract makes him the #1 Wr.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I could see Dallas losing in a close game as it'll be very interesting to see the "Romo friendly" offense fares against a top defense in NYG. It could be one of those games where Romo implodes on himself but he hasn't really had that kind of problem early in the season in his career.

Anyways, it'll be a fun game.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #54
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I still worry about our strong safety position relative to run support.
Agreed. Sensabaugh is merely a stop-gap until they find a permanent fixture there. I was extremely surprised they didn't further address the position more except for the drafting of Hamlin #2 late.

The Cowboys need a great Safety & I don't think Ken Hamlin is going to be that guy even though he showed flashes of it his first year in Big D. Going back, the Cowboys have always had a rich history of Safeties: Cliff Harris, Charlie Watters, Cornell Green, Thomas Everett, Darren Woodson, Brock Marion, Roy Williams (for a while), even Bill Bates etc. When they have a key guy back there the team is generally a big time winner.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #55
MattUMD224

OVR:

ill be making the 21 hour trip from maryland tomorrow night to watch my favorite team Giants vs my best friend growing up team Cowboys in box seats....the ride home wont be too good for the one whose team loses

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #56
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I could see Dallas losing in a close game as it'll be very interesting to see the "Romo friendly" offense fares against a top defense in NYG. It could be one of those games where Romo implodes on himself but he hasn't really had that kind of problem early in the season in his career.

Anyways, it'll be a fun game.
Plus, Romo is 4-1 against the Giants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »