Home

Week 2: Texans @ Titans

This is a discussion on Week 2: Texans @ Titans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #169
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Week 2: Texans @ Titans

I just watched the NFL replay...My fav part was when Andre Snatched flannigen and started that brawlThat was great!Mabe Flann wont grab so much at the LOS or jump on Andre's back the next time..lol
Old 09-24-2009, 03:30 AM   #170

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Dude, read the thread, you keep coming at me saying that I am bringing up last season as if to prove something. You and that other guy started coming at me talking crap about the ravens game from last year and the week 16 game from last year so dont come at me as if im talking about last season bro.

your also not the only 1 in this thread im talking to either so dont apply what I say to one person to what you say.

Ill be back in here on sunday to gloat believe me i cant wait. I dont see a need to beat a dead horse and keep talking crap.
Did this guy ever show back up to gloat...? He was way off on his assumtions about this game.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 AM   #171
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
When a player calls for a fair catch, he has the right to make the catch until the ball hits the ground. Even if he juggles or bobbles it, he has the right to make the catch, un-interfered with, because of the fair catch call. Now once the ball hits the ground, it's fair game. Or if the same thing happened without the fair catch, that's a fumble too. Basically, the fair catch signal protected Jones on that one. It's a double whammy too, because not only did the Titans not get the ball, it was also a 15 yard penalty.
Double whammy indeed. I get the rule, I'm just not sure it has to be black and white like this. Kinda like the defensive pass interference penalty; if the ball was unlikely to be catchable, then PI is meant to be overlooked. If a bobbled fair catch bounces so far away it is not going to be caught by the returner before hitting the ground, then I dunno, doesn't seem to make much sense to penalize a defender for catching it. I mean, if it hits the returner's helmet and shoots off 15 yards towards a defender, he can't catch it without being flagged? You can never complain too much if a ref calls it by the book, but it's one of those calls where the Texans wouldn't have really had any ground to complain either if it wasn't called ("catch it better next time", etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Regarding the TD catch, I think they ruled it that Jones caught and possesed the ball at the 1 or 2 yard line, and then crossed the goal line as a runner in possession of the ball. If this is true, the play is over as a TD as soon as the ball breaks the plane of the goal line. Now if they say that he caught the ball in the end zone, then he does need to maintain possession all the way through. I'm really guessing here, but it's the only way I could see them confirm the TD call in that situation.
Ah ok, that makes more sense then. I just wonder if it would have been ruled a fumble or an incompletion if it happened at the 20 instead of inside the end zone. I tend to think incompletion. In any case, if he had possession then crossed the end zone line, I'm not sure he did it before his knee went down? Ultimately though I guess the DB's gotta not let it get that far anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »