Home

Week 2: Ravens @ Chargers.

This is a discussion on Week 2: Ravens @ Chargers. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #73
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Week 2: Ravens @ Chargers.

I don't see how any chargers fan can hate on Norv he called a damn good game 400+ yards through the air. What else do you want football is a game of inchs had Darren broke through and scored a TD everyone would have been on hits nuts. It worked last, no one bitched it didn't work this week.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I don't see how any chargers fan can hate on Norv he called a damn good game 400+ yards through the air. What else do you want football is a game of inchs had Darren broke through and scored a TD everyone would have been on hits nuts. It worked last, no one bitched it didn't work this week.
True.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 14

The better team actually won today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #76
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
last week it wasnt a fourth down or against ray lewis... i dont care if it would have worked or not its a bad playcall.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #77
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Week 2: Ravens @ Chargers

Quote:
Did you watch the game?

"Had Darren broke through"??? You mean like all the success they had in the running game earlier?

Michael Bennett had a few decent runs early and then he never really saw the field again. If you are going to line up in a jumbo set and try to run right into the strength of your opposition, then at least put a big back in there that averaged better than Sproles' 2.6 YPC.

The Ravens starting safety was out of the game. The Chargers WR's were getting a lot of one on one coverage against the smaller Ravens CB's and Rivers was throwing the ball on point all game.

Spread your receivers out and run Sproles underneath the LB's insteand of a predictable play action and running into the teeth of their defense.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
I think I underestimated Ryan through all his time with us. He put our players in the best position to make plays. Mattison sucks.
And watching the Jets hold the vaunted NE offense to 9 points really shows how great Ryan is. Second best in the league. As much as I hate to do so, I gotta give Lebeau his props as number 1.
But damn, I really miss Rex right now.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #79
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Im so glad we got rid of Norvell. True, none of our other coaches have been any better in recent years but this man has a track record of suckdom.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
I have said many times, I simply do not see why Norv Turner is referred to as such a genius when it comes to playcalling.
Goes back to the 90's Cowboys teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »