Home

Who Else Wants Vince?

This is a discussion on Who Else Wants Vince? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Who Else Wants Vince?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
They won more games than they lost in Young's first year and also in his second year. Young won more than than he lost without Chris Johnson, without Dinger, and with a revolving door of stone hand wide receivers. The year before Young got there, the Titans won all of 4 games.

considering experience is the most important thing for an NFL QB, and the supporting cast is much better now, I would say that it makes sense to predict that Young would be better than he was in his SECOND season...where again, they won 10 games and made the playoffs. I dont know why you would think that he would lose more games than he would win now.

we have not seen Young play with a gamebreaker like Chris Johnson. VY's best playmaker was LenDale White. LeDale is a good short yardage "mudder" back, but he's not a gamebreaker. Young didnt have anyone to take a checkdown to the house like Collins does, and his WRs were not good at all. They brought in an Eric Moulds that was cut by Houston to be the Titans' #1 WR for cripes sake. Justin Gage was the only consistent WR Young had when he was the starter.
You meant to say Tennessee Def won those game not vince yeah he help but def help more.
His first he threw 12 TD 13 picks , QB rating 66.7 with a 51 percent completed pass. OK that was his rookie year ignore that
His 2nd year He threw 9 TD 17 picks QB rating 71.1 with a 62 percent completed.
His third year he got hurt probably lost the locker room when players on that team think he quit on them. And the suicide fiasco.
Kerry Colling come in andmake the offense way much better than vince ever did. Now Collins have one bad game yall want to yank him and put in VY are you crazy, its bad enough yall def stink, yall want to make the offense even worse i mean come on.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #34
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
You meant to say Tennessee Def won those game not vince yeah he help but def help more.
His first he threw 12 TD 13 picks , QB rating 66.7 with a 51 percent completed pass. OK that was his rookie year ignore that
His third year he got hurt probably lost the locker room when players on that team think he quit on them. And the suicide fiasco.
Kerry Colling come in andmake the offense way much better than vince ever did. Now Collins have one bad game yall want to yank him and put in VY are you crazy, its bad enough yall def stink, yall want to make the offense even worse i mean come on.
Dude its was the defense that carried the Titans last year. That and the running game. Collins is average at his best and just like they had no sucess post-season last year they wont have much this year with him under center.

Collins only throw 12tds in 15.5 games!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #35
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
defense was a big part of it, but the defense was ranked LAST in the league in Young's rookie season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...ense/year/2006

I agree though that you cant always go by rankings in a vacuum. Despite being ranked last, the defense made a lot of big plays in '06 and were a big part of the turnaround from 0-5

Quote:
His first he threw 12 TD 13 picks , QB rating 66.7 with a 51 percent completed pass.
Young had 19 total TDs. Running TDs count the same as passing TDs...although they dont count in QB rating, one reason you cant put so much stock in rating when looking at certain players

but it doesnt say much about your football acumen that you are putting so much stock in the QB rating of a ROOKIE QB and not for a 15 year veteran.

Quote:
In his SECOND season Young had 12 total TDs. However, that is the same as Collins' TD total last season in his FIFTEENTH season. Young also had a higher completion percentage than Collins, and the same amount of total yards as Collins had last season.

Of course, Young threw way too many interceptions. Inexperienced players often have problems with INTs, especially when their supporting cast is as bad as VY's was. Those that know football realize that experience is the most important thing for QBs. It would be ridiculous to compare a player from his SECOND season to a player in his 15th season.

It's not all about box scores, but if you do want to compare Young's second season to Collins previous season with Chris Johnson, Dinger, and better receivers. Young didnt have any turnovers at key points in a game like Collins' fumble at the end of the game on Sunday. If Young did something like that, it would be all over the highlights.

Quote:
not according to the players in the locker room like Bulluck and LenDale that went with him to Houston in the offseason. Teammates go out of their way to say they have his back.

Quote:
Kerry Colling come in andmake the offense way much better than vince ever did.
correction, Chris Johnson came in and made the main difference in the offense. Again, Young didnt have a gamebreaker like that helping him out when he was the starter. Johnson was the main difference in '08. Look at the Baltimore game after Johnson got hurt and left the game, they couldnt do anything.

Collins was better for the team in 07 because of his experience. Collins didnt throw as many picks, experienced players usually dont throw as many picks as SECOND year players, and that is why Fisher stuck with Collins. You cant blame Fisher for sticking with Collins.

yes the defense was dominant last season, and an experienced game manager was probably better for the team (although we dont know how many games a third year Young would have won with Chris Johnson...we can bet Young wouldnt have thrown as many picks with a better supporting cast and even a better defense)

Quote:
Now Collins have one bad game yall want to yank him and put in VY are you crazy, its bad enough yall def stink, yall want to make the offense even worse i mean come on.
yes it was a bad game. 5/13 in the second half for 30 yards with a fumble at the end to clinch it for Houston is a bad game. Chris Johnson had one of the most dominant games by a single player ever, but they still lost. That shows you how bad Collins was in the second half, and how bad the defense was obviously.

but it's not only one bad game. The second half of the Baltimore playoff game, and the second half of the Pittsburgh opener were similar. Anyway, the main reason why Collins is not going to cut it this season is because the defense is not as dominant. The defense is going to be more like the '06 defense than last year's defense, and a player like Collins isnt going to cut it.

They are going to need a player that is going to compete at the end of games, not a robot that is going to "manage games" and throw the ball away when they get even the slightest pressure. There isnt going to be as much "sitting on leads" this season. They are going to need a QB that can drive the field at the end of games and put pressure on defenses.

If they were to go to Young, I doubt it's the same Young as it was in his second season. Usually players improve with experience, especially when the supporting cast is better. However, the franchise wont really know what they have in Young until they give him another shot. If they arent going to give him another shot going into his 4th season, then Young clearly isnt in their plans...but they arent going to win crap with Collins. He is clearly not the future, or the present for that matter. The Titans need to find out what they have in Young going forward.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-24-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18

^^^^HHMMM ok you have a good point both we both can agree that COllins is just a better game manager than Vince more safer than risk.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 14

Count me in on this. Collins had 13 straight incompletions to end the game. If Vince fails, then so be it, the Titans will finally know their quarterback situation.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #38
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Count me in on this. Collins had 13 straight incompletions to end the game. If Vince fails, then so be it, the Titans will finally know their quarterback situation.

Agreed.

The moment I turned the corner and started hating Kerry Collins.

3rd down on the 40, possible the last chance for the titans, late in the 4th. Not the 3rd and 23, the one on the previous drive.

Me: Dude they are going to overload blitz, call a play to counter that

The rest of the world: Dude the Jets are bringing the house

My dog- the jets are going to blitz

Kerry collins: Holy crap they are blitzing? oh thank god I was able to throw it away, hup, we'll get em next week.

I have never seen more blatant incompetence from a qb and from a coaching staff. The Jets are obviously great at blitzing, yet with the game on the line, and seemingly the entire jets D coming at him, Collins is taking a 5 step drop.

Im sick of it, seriously sick of it. This team today vs the Jets was out coached, out played, there was no desparation, there was nothing. Himerdinger is just as bad as Cecil. Lendale white should have been in the game pounding the ball, but he wasnt. The Titans should have been dink and unking it on 2 -3 step drops and they werent.

13 in completions in a row is embarrassing. Im ashamed of standing up for this team to start the season. No heart, and Kerry Collins needs to be out of the league cause he is done.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Agreed.

The moment I turned the corner and started hating Kerry Collins.

3rd down on the 40, possible the last chance for the titans, late in the 4th. Not the 3rd and 23, the one on the previous drive.

Me: Dude they are going to overload blitz, call a play to counter that

The rest of the world: Dude the Jets are bringing the house

My dog- the jets are going to blitz

Kerry collins: Holy crap they are blitzing? oh thank god I was able to throw it away, hup, we'll get em next week.

I have never seen more blatant incompetence from a qb and from a coaching staff. The Jets are obviously great at blitzing, yet with the game on the line, and seemingly the entire jets D coming at him, Collins is taking a 5 step drop.

Im sick of it, seriously sick of it. This team today vs the Jets was out coached, out played, there was no desparation, there was nothing. Himerdinger is just as bad as Cecil. Lendale white should have been in the game pounding the ball, but he wasnt. The Titans should have been dink and unking it on 2 -3 step drops and they werent.

13 in completions in a row is embarrassing. Im ashamed of standing up for this team to start the season. No heart, and Kerry Collins needs to be out of the league cause he is done.
I'm tolerable of Dinger but Cecil blows. I'll never say a bad word regarding Fisher though. Hey, if worst comes to worst and the Titans give up on VY, they can draft Jevan Snead. That guy is gonna be great in the NFL.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #40
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

with tennessee at 0-3, I wouldn't be surprised if we see this happen sooner than later.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »