Home

It's official, Brady Quinn is just not good.

This is a discussion on It's official, Brady Quinn is just not good. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #73
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: It's official, Brady Quinn is just not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
That's true, but at the same time, they always have run different plays for the 2 QB's. Quinn always has short passes, and more running plays. While DA usually gets deeper throws and more creative type plays. Both fail miserably at running the offense, but because of arm strength (and other things I'm sure), they definitely run differnt game plans for both stiffs.
That's true also. I guess I'm just confused how anyone can look at what DA did yesterday and say it's better than what anybody else did. I don't know if anyone should've expected Quinn to play much better in Baltimore to begin with, but even considering how he played, DA played just as bad... just different.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #74
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That's true also. I guess I'm just confused how anyone can look at what DA did yesterday and say it's better than what anybody else did. I don't know if anyone should've expected Quinn to play much better in Baltimore to begin with, but even considering how he played, DA played just as bad... just different.
Different in that he moved the ball. Quinn is lucky to string together first downs, DA had a couple of impressive drives.

Now Quinn is much more careful with the ball than DA, which is obviously bad, but if the ball is going to go to the team anyway, I'd rather take a shot at doing something than 1,2,3 PUNT!

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #75
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Different in that he moved the ball. Quinn is lucky to string together first downs, DA had a couple of impressive drives.

Now Quinn is much more careful with the ball than DA, which is obviously bad, but if the ball is going to go to the team anyway, I'd rather take a shot at doing something than 1,2,3 PUNT!
Impressive drives? He took more chances, yes. I'd say every QB would take more chances already down 27-0. The chances he took resulted in zero TDs and 3 INTs (doesn't even count the sack that happened bc DA tripped over the field). There weren't any moral victories. Two different strategies... both failed miserably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #76
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
Impressive drives? He took more chances, yes. I'd say every QB would take more chances already down 27-0. The chances he took resulted in zero TDs and 3 INTs (doesn't even count the sack that happened bc DA tripped over the field). There weren't any moral victories. Two different strategies... both failed miserably.
Did I say DA was an soaring success?

No, hell no in fact. However, he moves the ball, BQ does not. Simple as that.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #77
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Did I say DA was an soaring success?

No, hell no in fact. However, he moves the ball, BQ does not. Simple as that.
What exactly are you saying then? Not trying to put words in your mouth, I'm just not understanding I guess. Yes, Quinn went 6/8 for 34 yards and DA came in when the team was down 27-0 and went 11/19 for 92 yards. If we ignore the INTs (1 for Quinn and 3 for DA) then one could say DA moved the ball more. But over the course of an entire game that projects out to 22/38 for 184 yards and 6 INTs... with zero TDs. I don't think you'll find many that consider that "moving the ball" for anything significant. And that is ignoring that he came in against a defense that knew they were up 27-0.

I'm assuming that you're saying that DA moves the ball and therefore should start. If you're not saying he should start then I'm confused at what all the fuss is about. If you are saying he should start, I'm confused at how you came to that conclusion considering the situation and his stats.

The Browns are horrible, and I don't say that to make you feel bad or rub this game in. My point is, we already know DA sucks. Even the 07 season everyone wants to talk about, he was bad in the 2nd half of it, sucked before it and has sucked since it. Quinn has had six starts, and two of his 3 this year have been against 2 of the best defenses in the league. Since we all know the Browns aren't going anywhere this year, let the kid start and get a good sample size to evaluate. Anderson is nothing more than a backup QB in the NFL. Hell, if Seattle didn't pick Frye over him in that trade (Cleveland told them to just pick one... he was considered equal to Frye) this wouldn't even be up for discussion.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #78
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
What exactly are you saying then? Not trying to put words in your mouth, I'm just not understanding I guess. Yes, Quinn went 6/8 for 34 yards and DA came in when the team was down 27-0 and went 11/19 for 92 yards. If we ignore the INTs (1 for Quinn and 3 for DA) then one could say DA moved the ball more. But over the course of an entire game that projects out to 22/38 for 184 yards and 6 INTs... with zero TDs. I don't think you'll find many that consider that "moving the ball" for anything significant. And that is ignoring that he came in against a defense that knew they were up 27-0.

I'm assuming that you're saying that DA moves the ball and therefore should start. If you're not saying he should start then I'm confused at what all the fuss is about. If you are saying he should start, I'm confused at how you came to that conclusion considering the situation and his stats.

The Browns are horrible, and I don't say that to make you feel bad or rub this game in. My point is, we already know DA sucks. Even the 07 season everyone wants to talk about, he was bad in the 2nd half of it, sucked before it and has sucked since it. Quinn has had six starts, and two of his 3 this year have been against 2 of the best defenses in the league. Since we all know the Browns aren't going anywhere this year, let the kid start and get a good sample size to evaluate. Anderson is nothing more than a backup QB in the NFL. Hell, if Seattle didn't pick Frye over him in that trade (Cleveland told them to just pick one... he was considered equal to Frye) this wouldn't even be up for discussion.
Because Quinn is not getting better. If you would have seen most of his games this year, you would see he is not taking chances whatsoever. He doesn't want to go deep because he is afraid to turn the ball over.

I'm saying start Derek Anderson because Quinn is busted in the head. He doesn't get it. He holds the ball too long, doesn't recognize the open man and gets his *** sacked for it. Anderson is a free spirit, willing to take the chances and is flat out moving the ball better. I understand your argument with Quinn in that the Browns will suck, why not ride him out? I'm saying, Quinn is done in Cleveland because he got pulled yesterday, be it for better or worse.

Quinn will not improve. Eric Mangini has deemed it that Quinn is just not good enough to start for the Browns. I know it's early and I know it's only 7 games into his career, but he has gone from looking decent to being worse than a CFL QB. May as well ride the year out on Anderson and sign a vet QB next year *if we can with Mangini as coach.*

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #79
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

I can't argue against what you've seen and what I haven't. I'll definitely give you that. It still doesn't make much sense to me. You said "Might as well ride the year out on Anderson" but what exactly will that accomplish? Lets even say, for sake of argument, that Anderson is better. Where do you expect the Browns to go this year? If it's anything less than the playoffs, then what's the point? In no way do I think they should tank games or the season, but I really don't see any benefit in starting DA unless he's considered the future, which would be a huge mistake (one they seemed to be trying to work their way out of since they already signed him to a big contract prematurely).
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #80
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
I can't argue against what you've seen and what I haven't. I'll definitely give you that. It still doesn't make much sense to me. You said "Might as well ride the year out on Anderson" but what exactly will that accomplish? Lets even say, for sake of argument, that Anderson is better. Where do you expect the Browns to go this year? If it's anything less than the playoffs, then what's the point? In no way do I think they should tank games or the season, but I really don't see any benefit in starting DA unless he's considered the future, which would be a huge mistake (one they seemed to be trying to work their way out of since they already signed him to a big contract prematurely).
Neither are the future.

That's why I'd rather try to win and sign a FA vet QB.

Urban Meyer is lol.

Last edited by OSUFan_88; 09-28-2009 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »