Home

Darrelle Revis - Challenging Champ Bailey's Throne?

This is a discussion on Darrelle Revis - Challenging Champ Bailey's Throne? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:16 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Darrelle Revis - Challenging Champ Bailey's Throne?

Revis is simply amazing. He locks down your #1 and completely takes him out of the game. Not only that, he'll play both sides of the field, unlike a lot of other #1 corners.

Although Revis has been overwhelmingly impressive these last few weeks, I'm still not ready to hand him the throne as the leagues best. People get caught up in "what have you done for me lately". Obviously Aso plays for the Raiders, so he doesn't get much attention nor is he on National TV a lot, and the Raiders missed the Playoffs. Therefore he can't exactly showcase his abilities like Revis has done the last 3 weeks. Aso was only targeted 28 times this year. That's incredible and it shows a lot about how great he is.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #66
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

Revis is the best in the league and can shut down the best WRs. Yet he let's the almighty Ted Ginn chew him up and spit him out. Here you go JESTS fans....

Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 AM   #67
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

[quote=roadman;2040658070]Woodson has played that way all of his career. Also, Woodson was the DPOY because he does more than being a shutdown corner, he wears several hats on that team.

Agreed. Speaking as a raiders fan, I wish we never got rid of him.
He revived his carrier @ GB and wee should have paid him the money he asked just out of loyalty.
AL DAVIS= Screw TIm Brown, Marcus Allen, Charles Woodson, And Trade
Jon Gruden.

AL DAVIS also Rewards James Jett, Bill Calahan, Ricky Dudly,And NOW Jamarcus Russell.

Please read the SIG. D.Revis is the Truth though.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #68
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Revis does to much talking for me. He talks smack about Randy Moss and Terrell Owens like they are still in their prime or something. Dudes a joke. When he shuts down let's say Andre Johnson or Megatron call me. Don't shut down declining recievers and then talk crazy. Like Moss said it's more about the Jets safety (Merriweather?) than it is Revis. He's on a great defense. Do it on the Raiders like o'boy with the long *** name then talk crazy.

*Longtime Deion Sanders fan, a true shutdown corner. Teams were terrified to even throw it to his side of the FIELD!*
Old 01-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 12

At least follow his season before you say something stupid eagles fan.... week 1 revis shut down Andre Johnson =) and then he practically fondled vincent jackson when he was on him in the playoffs the only time he picked up yards was when revis wasn't on him and when the jets were playing prevent
Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Revis does to much talking for me. He talks smack about Randy Moss and Terrell Owens like they are still in their prime or something. Dudes a joke. When he shuts down let's say Andre Johnson or Megatron call me. Don't shut down declining recievers and then talk crazy. Like Moss said it's more about the Jets safety (Merriweather?) than it is Revis. He's on a great defense. Do it on the Raiders like o'boy with the long *** name then talk crazy.

*Longtime Deion Sanders fan, a true shutdown corner. Teams were terrified to even throw it to his side of the FIELD!*
He already did shut down Andre. Also Revis rarely talks but he was just pissed because they said he sucks. And the Jets safeties are Leonhard and Rhodes. The great D is because of Revis.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
When he shuts down let's say Andre Johnson or Megatron call me.
Are you joking?

He did shut down Andre Johnson, along with just about every receiver he played this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

LMAO. You should probably watch some NFL games before you pop off.

Check week 1, Andre Johnson was shut down. The Jets safety is also Kerry Rhodes, not Brandon Merriwhether.

I also have never once heard Revis talk smack.

Last edited by Sandman42; 01-19-2010 at 11:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »