Home

Can Oakland go far with JaMarcus Accuracy??

This is a discussion on Can Oakland go far with JaMarcus Accuracy?? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Can Oakland go far with JaMarcus Accuracy??

Man I love Rich Gannon's analysis right there. This is why he should do studio work rather then be in the booth. A lot of that is lost in translation in a live game.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
But honestly I feel like hee got his money, and now he's done.
Yeah
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't think he gives a crap. And I never understood the fascination with him out of college.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 27

I didn't like Russell coming out. I thought he was incredibly over-hyped. He has a big arm, but no football IQ. He's basically Ryan Leaf without the public blow-ups, lol.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
For what it's worth, the Raiders have one of the best QB coaches in the game in Paul Hackett. He specifically was brought in to work with Russell.
Oh, didn't know that. How long has he been there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
I don't think he gives a crap. And I never understood the fascination with him out of college.
Neither did I. I never heard of him untill everyone started mentioning him as a possible top draft pick after the Sugar Bowl, I think it was. I think the fascination came from the Combine where everyone seems to lose their mind and suddenly the fastest, strongest or biggest guys and not the best football players become the guys that everyone wants.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:34 AM   #14
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Oh, didn't know that. How long has he been there?

Neither did I. I never heard of him untill everyone started mentioning him as a possible top draft pick after the Sugar Bowl, I think it was. I think the fascination came from the Combine where everyone seems to lose their mind and suddenly the fastest, strongest or biggest guys and not the best football players become the guys that everyone wants.
Hackett has been w/ the club all off season and through camp.

The offensive coordinator was also interviewed recently and emphasized that Hackett spent an inordinate amount of time working on Russell's mechanics and footwork, and that he appears to be regressing.

That is concerning.

He did however allude to the fact that Russell isn't getting any help from his WRs, who have been a little erratic in their route running. While he didn't throw him under the bus by any means, it is concerning that 6 months of incessant work on his mechanics has not rectified the problems.

At this point Russell has to shoulder a lot of the blame himself. The trendy thing has been to blame the instability and the Raider organization for his lack of development. And there has been some merit to that. However, the Raiders have built a solid running game, are blocking pretty well in the passing game, and have given Russell a great TE in Zach Miller.

The problem is that teams are going to do just what KC did last week....stack the box, take away the running game and double team Miller until Russell can hit his outside receivers (which he has not been able to do at all).

If you have actually seen the Raiders play this season, Russell has only completed one pass that was to an outside target. All of his completions have been over the middle or dump offs to his backs.

The bottom line is that currently Jamarcus Russell is holding back the team, NOT the other way around.

I am not ready to write him off completely, as he is only 24 and has played in 21 total games. But the clock is ticking, and he needs to show some improvement and do it pretty rapidly.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

They have no chance to go far if they have to rely on Jamarcus and his game does not improve.

Pretty pathetic a guy can be in the nfl making the cash he does and suck that much at completing passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 55

I think Russell has got more than a chance in this league. It's nuts... Donovan McNabb gets benched last season in a game where he struggles. Jamarcus goes 6 for 21 and there isn't even word of him being benched! I actually kind of like the Raiders, it is just interesting to see that.

In the first game of the season I watched it was very odd seeing an NFL quarterback miss throws like he did. His arm is ridiculously strong, I'll say that. He was missing targets by 10 yards at times! I couldn't believe that. His reads weren't completely off or anything... the guys were open and he just flat missed them... often. It has to be tough in terms of rhythm working with 2 rookie WR's and your 3rd coaching staff in 3 years.. no doubt.

I predicted (like many) he'd be a bust when he came into the league also. To be honest he over-achieved last year according to my standards of him. Hopefully he gets his act together. Sadly, if he didn't work hard in the offseason that can't really get made up at this point.

Good topic.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »