Home

Week 3: Titans @ Jets

This is a discussion on Week 3: Titans @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #73
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Week 3: Titans @ Jets

The Titans did a very good job of protecting Collins, but I just didn't see that many blitzes by the Jets. Their offense looked smooth when they weren't trying to force the run. All in all, a good grind it out game by the Jets.

Oh and 3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Time to start Vince Young.
So you guys can get worse

Giants 3-0 Jets 3-0 Good time new york good times
Old 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I think this is a pretty brash claim. The Titans started last season 10-0. I don't think teams fall off that hard. I see New York as the unproven team and Tennessee as the one who has already proven themselves.

No offense? They put up 30+ last week. I don't see what you see. Giving Sanchez the keys to the city a bit early?
I saw the future Sanchez didn't have a great game but the defense on point. Yes I made a brash claim but this is how us jets fans talk in the Rex Ryan era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
anyone that believed Karry Collins would take a team to the promised land... just started watching football a year ago....
Why not? he took the Giants there in 2000. Its not Kerry's fault...you gotta give the Jets d there dues. They made Tom Brady shook...

Jets Pressuring the QB was huge 2nd half. The blitzes weren't going thru in the 1st half but 2nd half they stepped it up and got some huge stops on the run side of the ball. They kept the Passing game at bay and they kept chris johnson to 97 yards rushing...mission accomplised.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZag
I saw the future Sanchez didn't have a great game but the defense on point. Yes I made a brash claim but this is how us jets fans talk in the Rex Ryan era.
Yeah it is definitely apparent that Tennessee isn't the same team they were with Haynesworth. The Jets did a great job of jumping on their mistakes early to get that 14-0 lead. I'm personally surprised Collins played so bad. He was solid last year.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 09-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6
Angry Re: Week 3: Titans @ Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Titans did pretty well against the blitz and they ran the ball well. Special teams cost them. I know Titans fans will be calling for Collins head, but you already know what kind of QB you have with him. Your team cannot get too far behind. That Fumble on the punt return was big.
Exactly, once again the titans ST beat their own team. Jets jumped out to a 14-0 start because of the fumbled kick return. Titans went up by 3 and practically owned the Jets intill the fumble on the punt return by the same rookie who fumbled on that kick return. It's depressing because the titan's d held the jets in check after that 14-0 start intill that fumbled punt. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that you simply can not give up two huge turnovers(two turnovers that put the jets inside the redzone each time!).

Collins didn't have the greatest game today but he made some nice plays when he had time to throw the football. On those last couple of titan drives Collins made some good throws while being under a lot of pressure but our wrs couldn't catch the ball.

Most people will see the highlights to this game and think that Sanchez/Jets beat the titans when it wasn't the case... Yeah they got the win but it was due to the titan's ST beating their ownselves. Propz to the Jets stout d and to their offense for capitalizing on the titans ST fumbles! Titan's are 0-3 but aren't really a bad team at all. Letting Chris Carr go in the off season was huge, wayyyyy worse than letting big al go!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #79
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Pacman's a free agent.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #80
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael90002002
Exactly, once again the titans ST beat their own team. Jets jumped out to a 14-0 start because of the fumbled kick return. Titans went up by 3 and practically owned the Jets intill the fumble on the punt return by the same rookie who fumbled on that kick return. It's depressing because the titan's d held the jets in check after that 14-0 start intill that fumbled punt. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that you simply can not give up two huge turnovers(two turnovers that put the jets inside the redzone each time!).

Collins didn't have the greatest game today but he made some nice plays when he had time to throw the football. On those last couple of titan drives Collins made some good throws while being under a lot of pressure but our wrs couldn't catch the ball.

Most people will see the highlights to this game and think that Sanchez/Jets beat the titans when it wasn't the case... Yeah they got the win but it was due to the titan's ST beating their ownselves. Propz to the Jets stout d and to their offense for capitalizing on the titans ST fumbles! Titan's are 0-3 but aren't really a bad team at all. Letting Chris Carr go in the off season was huge, wayyyyy worse than letting big al go!
ive been saying that the ST was going to bite the Titans. I dont understand why they felt they can just put anyone back there to return.....but im not a coach and Fisher is a genius

Mouton played like crap, but it's Fisher's "fault" that the Titans have a rookie returner. It's Fishers "fault" that they let Carr go and didnt try to bring in quality return men.

btw, it's interesting that people are throwing a rookie returner under the bus, but making excuses for a 15 year veteran "leader" QB that went zero for his final 13 passes and a pick with a chance to win or tie.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »