Home

Week 3: Titans @ Jets

This is a discussion on Week 3: Titans @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Week 3: Titans @ Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
ive been saying that the ST was going to bite the Titans. I dont understand why they felt they can just put anyone back there to return.....but im not a coach and Fisher is a genius

Mouton played like crap, but it's Fisher's "fault" that the Titans have a rookie returner. It's Fishers "fault" that they let Carr go and didnt try to bring in quality return men.

btw, it's interesting that people are throwing a rookie returner under the bus, but making excuses for a 15 year veteran "leader" QB that went zero for his final 13 passes and a pick with a chance to win or tie.
It's really sorta hard to throw Collins under the bus when you take into account the framework of how TN wants to play football and how the team is built to play. The team is not built for Collins to be slinging it from behind. IT's not built for him to bail them out or for him to win games. They don't ask their QB to win games. They ask him to be efficient and manage the game. But you can't manage if you are constantly behind. You have to do what you are not good at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #82
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It's really sorta hard to throw Collins under the bus when you take into account the framework of how TN wants to play football and how the team is built to play. The team is not built for Collins to be slinging it from behind. IT's not built for him to bail them out or for him to win games. They don't ask their QB to win games. They ask him to be efficient and manage the game. But you can't manage if you are constantly behind. You have to do what you are not good at.
in '06, they set records for come from behind victories and won 8 out of their last 10. (5 of those 8 victories were of the 4th quarter come from behind variety)...but unfortunatly, they started off in too large of a hole

this season's Titans defense reminds me more of the '06 defense. Collins is not going to be able to "sit on leads" like he did last season.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-27-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #83
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Was there any bad blood in the game or was Ryan just fired up? I saw scream "F___ You!!" when the game was clinched.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #84
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
Was there any bad blood in the game or was Ryan just fired up? I saw scream "F___ You!!" when the game was clinched.
he was just fired up.. supposbly Fisher has known him since he was kid so they are great friends.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 AM   #85
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

Bart Scott quote of the week
Quote:
Speaking on Michael Griffin's inability to stop Sanchez at the goal line:

"I think that guy should be embarrassed," Scott said. "Maybe Sanchez's post-rookie player card should have that runover on the end of it. He should be embarrassed. They should make it a Fathead."
MLB: New York Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 6
Angry Re: Week 3: Titans @ Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
in '06, they set records for come from behind victories and won 8 out of their last 10. (5 of those 8 victories were of the 4th quarter come from behind variety)...but unfortunatly, they started off in too large of a hole

this season's Titans defense reminds me more of the '06 defense. Collins is not going to be able to "sit on leads" like he did last season.
Yup, the defense isn't as good as it was last year so starting a game manager at qb isn't going to win you a lot of games...when will Fisher realize this? All of the titans last L's are because KC/O couldn't make plays in the 4th qtr when we needed to.

What made VY so special was that he made plays happen with his legs when the titans needed him to. I don't mind him throwing ints because I know that he's trying to make plays. I would love to see cj and vy on the field together...thats a lot of speed back there for the opposing defense plus with the upgrade at wr, VY should be able to move the ball a lot better than KC. This years titans could be like the falcons when they had vick at qb. Titans are 0-3 now I say give VY his chance, he's the future anyway...

I'm done venting...i'm still upset about yesterday's L.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #87
MVP

Titans haven't won a game since Lendale White disgraced the terrible towel...(week 17 vs. Indy, playoffs vs. Balt, 3 games this year)
Old 09-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #88
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
he was just fired up.. supposbly Fisher has known him since he was kid so they are great friends.
That would make sense...Fisher was one of Buddy's guys (player, ***'t coach etc)

I didn't think that it was directed at Fisher. Thought maybe something had happened w/ one of the Titan's players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »