Home

Titans to Decide to Switch QBs?

This is a discussion on Titans to Decide to Switch QBs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Titans to Decide to Switch QBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Good luck with that, Kerry Collins hasnt been the problem until today. Week 1 he was good enough to win and they had a chance to do just that but Pittsburgh pulled it out. Last week it wasnt him that blew the game it was their God awful defense that allowed Houston to carve them up and win the shootout. Sure you can put the loss this week on Collins' shoulders but if you think Vince Young would have done better today then you havent been watching much football.
Maybe you're right but maybe out of all those incompletions down the stretch Collins had, maybe VY picks up a 1st down with his legs to keep a drive alive. 0-3 in the AFC won't get you anywhere and they can't afford to wait it out............
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Good luck with that, Kerry Collins hasnt been the problem until today. Week 1 he was good enough to win and they had a chance to do just that but Pittsburgh pulled it out.
because Big Ben made plays at the end...that is the main factor that separates Ben from other Qbs

Quote:
Last week it wasnt him that blew the game it was their God awful defense that allowed Houston to carve them up and win the shootout.
dude, on the final drive, Collins fumbled without being touched on the 40 yard line. Im not putting the blame on the game entirely on Collins, but he could have won it if he didnt choke

the Titans have lost 5 out of their last 6 games. All 5 games could have been won if a QB would have made plays at the end. In the Baltimore playoff game, for example, the Titans had the ball on the 35 with 50 seconds left and one timeout...they were driving for the win or tie, and Collins was still throwing check downs (however, the check downs didnt work as well because CJ was out of the game with injury)

Quote:
Sure you can put the loss this week on Collins' shoulders but if you think Vince Young would have done better today then you havent been watching much football.
maybe it's you that hasnt been watching

out of Young's 18 wins with the Titans, many of those were comebacks...and none of those wins were with Chris Johnson or any playmakers of his caliber

this defense is more like the '06 defense, and they are going to need a QB in the 4th quarter that is going to bring some energy and juice...and someone who is going to be able to make some plays and convert some 3rd downs on his own, ala Steve McNair, not just depend on other playmakers

Last edited by ZB9; 09-27-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

VY was inactive today.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
VY was inactive today.
yes he was sick
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
yes he was sick
Hence, he was inactive.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #14

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
because Big Ben made plays at the end...that is the main factor that separates Ben from other Qbs

dude, on the final drive, Collins fumbled without being touched on the 40 yard line. Im not putting the blame on the game entirely on Collins, but he could have won it if he didnt choke

the Titans have lost 5 out of their last 6 games. All 5 games could have been won if a QB would have made plays at the end. In the Baltimore playoff game, for example, the Titans had the ball on the 35 with 50 seconds left and one timeout...they were driving for the win or tie, and Collins was still throwing check downs (however, the check downs didnt work as well because CJ was out of the game with injury)

maybe it's you that hasnt been watching

out of Young's 18 wins with the Titans, many of those were comebacks...and none of those wins were with Chris Johnson or any playmakers of his caliber

this defense is more like the '06 defense, and they are going to need a QB in the 4th quarter that is going to bring some energy and juice...and someone who is going to be able to make some plays and convert some 3rd downs on his own, ala Steve McNair, not just depend on other playmakers
How bout that, a Texan comes on here to defend Vince Young, couldnt see that coming. Week 1 wasnt Collins' fault. Week 2 wasnt Collins' fault, I dont care if he fumbled at the end as the Titans defense shouldnt have put that team in that position in the first place. Week 3 was definitely his fault. Im not a Collins fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is far and away a better option then Young is. The thought that Young could have done better today is laughable at best. Vince would have been out there running for his life. For as good as you think Young would have done, how did he do in the preseason against backups?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
How bout that, a Texan comes on here to defend Vince Young, couldnt see that coming. Week 1 wasnt Collins' fault. Week 2 wasnt Collins' fault, I dont care if he fumbled at the end as the Titans defense shouldnt have put that team in that position in the first place. Week 3 was definitely his fault. Im not a Collins fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is far and away a better option then Young is. The thought that Young could have done better today is laughable at best. Vince would have been out there running for his life. For as good as you think Young would have done, how did he do in the preseason against backups?

I dont agree or disagree with you, and truthfully, I dont know who would be the better option for us to have at QB at this point. What I do know is that i dont have confidence in any qb on our roster at this point. I cant see any of them coming in and leading us to the promised land.

what I do know is that at 0-3, VY cant do any worse. I think on 3rd and 5 from the 40 in the last minutes of the game down by 3, I will feel better with VY as its an option for him to make something happen with his legs. and just that threat might help open something up. I mean everyone on the planet knew the Jets were blitzing yet collins didnt do anything, its like 3rd down, they blitz, he gives up. VY would have at least tried to make something happen with his legs.

I know that Collins, this season alone, has had more chances to strap the team to his back and take us home, so far he has thrown the ball away, threw a pick, fumbled. Today he actually had 2 shots to take the team on his back and he blew both shots.

Good qb's dont go 0-13 ever, i mean thats embarrassing, like as if the dude dont give a crap type stuff. I doubt VY will ever go 0-13 in his career, so Im sure that means something, im just not sure what at this point lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
How bout that, a Texan comes on here to defend Vince Young, couldnt see that coming. Week 1 wasnt Collins' fault. Week 2 wasnt Collins' fault, I dont care if he fumbled at the end as the Titans defense shouldnt have put that team in that position in the first place.
that is a loser attitude

it wouldnt have been Big Ben's "fault" either if he wouldnt have had that drive at the end of the SB....but Pitt wouldnt have won

Regardless of your defense, there are going to be close games in the NFL. You need a QB that is going to bring some juice to the 4th quarter and make some plays. That is what it's all about, not the box score.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-27-2009 at 08:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »