Home

Titans to Decide to Switch QBs?

This is a discussion on Titans to Decide to Switch QBs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #17

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Titans to Decide to Switch QBs?

Well I almost hope Young gets a shot, he was terrible the last time he played a regular season game, he was less then impressive in the preseason and I highly doubt he comes in and does much of anything. Lets not forget that the Titans have played 2 of the better defenses in the NFL in Pittsburgh and the Jets, the same Jets that made Tom Brady and company look terrible just last week. Is Collins a great QB? Hell no and I have a hard time believing that he can take this team to the Super Bowl as he wont make the big play when its needed, but with all that having been said, I dont see Vince Young doing any better anyways. I dont see a QB on their roster that gets them to the Super Bowl and that includes both Young and Collins.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
lol his leak is one of his friends . Let me guess only he knows this right? Jeff Fisher personally called him after the game.
Pot-Kettle situation right here. Remember Mike Vick's signing and your sources?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Well I almost hope Young gets a shot, he was terrible the last time he played a regular season game, he was less then impressive in the preseason and I highly doubt he comes in and does much of anything. Lets not forget that the Titans have played 2 of the better defenses in the NFL in Pittsburgh and the Jets, the same Jets that made Tom Brady and company look terrible just last week. Is Collins a great QB? Hell no and I have a hard time believing that he can take this team to the Super Bowl as he wont make the big play when its needed, but with all that having been said, I dont see Vince Young doing any better anyways. I dont see a QB on their roster that gets them to the Super Bowl and that includes both Young and Collins.

the Titans need to know what they have in the future in VY, and if he is really Steve McNair v. 2.0. If they have given up on Young, then why do they keep him on the team? It's his 4th season. Either give him a shot, or let him go and move on...but they arent winning ***** with Collins

However, it's not just about the future. Right now, with this teams' personnel, Young gives the Titans the best chance to win imo. This defense resembles '06 moreso than last season. I imagine they would have a win or two this season if Young was the starter from the beginning. At the very least, Young would certainly bring more energy to the offense, and probably the team, than robot Collins.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-27-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 55

This is interesting. The Titans do have a wildcard at their backup QB position. Vince Young is now a veteran and it'd be interesting to see how he handles his position at this point in his life.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 09-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

unless hes gonna start lining up on the other side of the other teams best receiver he's not gonna help much. it'll be interesting to see if his ability to win games in the ugliest manner possible is still good or if defenses have wised up

either way the titans dont scare many people right now. cortland finnigan and the rest of the secondary is waaay overrated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
unless hes gonna start lining up on the other side of the other teams best receiver he's not gonna help much. it'll be interesting to see if his ability to win games in the ugliest manner possible is still good or if defenses have wised up

either way the titans dont scare many people right now. cortland finnigan and the rest of the secondary is waaay overrated
I do agree with that. They are scrappy, smart players but they aren't exceptionally talented in my opinion.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 09-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I do agree with that. They are scrappy, smart players but they aren't exceptionally talented in my opinion.
its amazing what a difference haynesworth makes. he's a stupid douche but he's a hell of a football player
Old 09-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #24
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

The only way this would be true is if Fisher decided he wanted to go 0-16 and draft a QB to replace both of them.

VY would be the worst starting QB in the league not named Jamarcus Russell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »