Home

Week 4: Dallas Cowboys @ Denver Broncos

This is a discussion on Week 4: Dallas Cowboys @ Denver Broncos within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Week 4: Dallas Cowboys @ Denver Broncos

I hope the Cowboys team doesn't view the Broncos like the fans here do...lol...otherwise, they're in trouble. I think the Cowboys should win it, but as cliched as it is, "that's why they play the games."

It's just tough to gauge either team's performance to this point...other than the Dallas running game perhaps, there has been nothing that stands out for either team at this point.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #18
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Why? Because they've played two of the worst teams in the league to this point and beat the Bengals on one of the craziest plays in NFL history?
Well, they beat the Bengals for about 57 min of that game. Shutting out the offense who just put up over 20 against the Steelers.

Considering the talent levels, Broncos have been a more impressive football team.

Edit- And they beat those 2 bad teams just like a good football team should beat them.

Last edited by Salhus; 09-30-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #19
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Neither team has done enough to separate themselves from each up to this point but I do agree that the Broncos are being slighted just a tad. But I do agree that is a good test for each team to see where they're at right now(moreso for Denver).
Old 09-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #20

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm 50/50 on this game more than just for one team. On one side I'd like to see Dallas just get man handled (Romo more than anything) but, on the other side I like whats best for the chargers and thats a loss for the broncos. Either way this will be a fun game to watch before the Chargers @ Steelers game.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

The Cowboys are definitely more talented but with a dinged up Barber and no Felix Jones, the Broncos might be able to edge them out.

My reading on the Broncos so far is this. I think they're a middle of the pack team right now, but I think they'll get better and better as the season continues. Unfortunately, they have a very tough upcoming schedule so the record probably will not show how good they might end up being.

My prediction: 17-13 Denver
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #22
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The Broncos are playing some very surprising defense but then again they haven't faced the greatest of competition but I get the feeling they're the kind of team that guts things out despite the coach's background.

The Cowboys are a bit banged up and depending on the weather Romo might have some problems. I don't know....

I see this being a 20-17 type of game with the Broncos winning.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Neither team has done enough to separate themselves from each up to this point but I do agree that the Broncos are being slighted just a tad. But I do agree that is a good test for each team to see where they're at right now(moreso for Denver).
Well said, I don't think anyone who has seen the any of the games would say the Broncos haven't played above their expectations. Yes, their schedule has been weak, I will not disagree, nor will I argue for anyone who is skeptical of their record (I too am in that group).

Regardless of who they have played though, you cannot argue against how improved their defense has been. They gave up 16 points in the first three games which is the third lowest total in a three game stretch ever (so says the Denver Post).

Either way, I am really looking forward to this game as a huge litmus test for Denver, they have played much better than anyone anticipated up to this point, now we should all get a much better feel for them after this week.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm still waiting for Orton's first game without a glove since it bothers him still

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »