Home

Week 4: Chargers at Steelers

This is a discussion on Week 4: Chargers at Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #17
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Week 4: Chargers at Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
I hate to say it, but I think the Chargers win this one. I have visions of Rivers slinging it all over the field on the Steelers.
Don't worry, the Chargers will find a way to keep it close, if not lose it entirely.

It never fails.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I was kinda hoping he'd be in but, I'm definitely not sad about it. Chargers need to get that redzone offense going, because they still can not score.
So it'll be a battle of the inept redzone offenses. That's been a big problem for Pitt to so far. Kicking too many FG in the redzone. And not even making them all.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary
Old 10-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

As stated, a big game for both teams. I really do not care for the Chargers but I could see them winning this game.

I just want LT to have a big game if he is indeed going to play.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #20
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
I hate to say it, but I think the Chargers win this one. I have visions of Rivers slinging it all over the field on the Steelers.
You must've watched the Ravens game.

I think Rivers can have a similar performance too... similar situation. There will be lots of blitzes and if they don't get through, the big WRs will have 1 on 1 with some little guys. But with SD's oline issues they won't be able to do it all game. I see a lot of big plays or nothing, just like the Ravens game. I actually think the whole thing will be similar to the Ravens game. I think Mendenhall's going to have a big game though and that brings the win to PIT (wouldn't mind being wrong on this one).

11-10 PIT
Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #21

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
So it'll be a battle of the inept redzone offenses. That's been a big problem for Pitt to so far. Kicking too many FG in the redzone. And not even making them all.
Yeah thats exactly what I'm thinking but, of course that ball should have been caught that caused the steelers to kick the field goal in the first place.

God I hope that run D shows up like it did in the Miami game. I know there probably going to get some good gains early but, hopefully they'll smarten up and get stingy as the game goes on. Could be a bloody game (see pennington). Haha...I find it a bit funny that that happened again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 55

Regarding the red zone offenses: I see San Diego having more success there right now. Pittsburgh will have to generate big plays to get 7's for the most part. This year their goal line TD's came on 4th down Big Ben heroics. While it worked, it's not the high percentage way of doing things and will eventually come back to bite if overused.

San Diego's big WR - Gates and Jackson can jump over any DB in the NFL. Rivers is hot. PIT will need to get some 3 and outs and really stomp on that run to pidgeon-hole that offense. Obviously they have the talent to do it, but to actually do it is a whole other challenge as the Chargers passing game matches up fairly well against them at this time.

This will definitely be a statement game for whoever wins.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #23

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...pects-lt-play/

LaDainian Tomlinson practiced today without soreness or other complications, and Norv Turner expects he will play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"LT looked good," Turner said. "... We're making the kind of progress we'd hoped for. Based on what I've seen, I think there's a good chance (he plays)."
Tomlinson sprained his ankle in the first quarter of the season opener and has not played in the past two games. He returned to practice on Wednesday.
Shawne Merriman, meanwhile, was limited in practice. He will most likely be a gametime decision, as he was against Miami last week. Merriman's strained groin allowed him to only play a handful of snaps against the Dolphins.
Also limited was cornerback Antoine Cason, who strained his groin toward the end of Wednesday's practice. Turner did not seem concerned about Cason's injury affectintg his play Sunday.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Turner expects LT to play this sunday. I kinda hope he plays (kinda 50/50 on LT playing) so the the steelers D will have to play the chargers a little different when he's in. I'd rather him sit though. I just hope good means 100% but, I got a feeling he's not.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #24
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
Don't worry, the Chargers will find a way to keep it close, if not lose it entirely.

It never fails.
The San Diego way baby!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »