Home

Who Will Be A Better NFL QB

This is a discussion on Who Will Be A Better NFL QB within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #33
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Who Will Be A Better NFL QB

I think Harris will be a top pick when its his time.

I am like a few other I am on the Jake Locker bandwagon.

Out of Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy I like McCoy the best.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #34
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
those two games are nothing alike. NY was a wildcard team. While the Pats were undefeated

Both teams in the Rose Bowl NC were undefeated. Texas was #2 for the entire year and had probably played better in the '05 season leading into the Rose Bowl than USC had. The teams were #1 and #2 respectively for the entire season.

SC had a 34 game win streak going and Texas had a 19 game win streak going. The Longhorns were the underdog, but not nearly the underdog that the Giants were. Regardless of ESPN hyping up SC as the greatest team ever before the game, many people that had followed Texas that year were not surprised in the outcome and won a lot of money from that game. I would like to thank ESPN for having a lot to do with giving that game a 7 point spread.

Texas v USC and New England v NY are not even in the same ballpark...but I digress
I never compared the two games in any way other then saying that they were upsets. And you can't say that the Texas game wasn't an upset. USC had two Heisman winners on their team and were winners of 3 straight AP National Championships.

I realize that this game is not in the same upset ballpark as the Giants and Pats were but it was an upset nonetheless and that was the point I was trying to get across.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #35
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

If Colt McCoy gets drafted by the Patriots he will be good. With his accuracy, and the way the Patriots dink and dunk down the field, it could work out nicely.

And Colt McCoy doesnt have a weak arm. Maybe when he weighed 180lbs... He threw the ball 50yds(through the air) off his back foot while getting hit last year against Tech. Thats plenty of arm. If he stepped into a throw Im sure he has enough strength for the NFL.

As far as the best pro prospect of the big three, Id say its about even between McCoy and Bradford. Where they go will make all the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
If Colt McCoy gets drafted by the Patriots he will be good. With his accuracy, and the way the Patriots dink and dunk down the field, it could work out nicely.

And Colt McCoy doesnt have a weak arm. Maybe when he weighed 180lbs... He threw the ball 50yds(through the air) off his back foot while getting hit last year against Tech. Thats plenty of arm. If he stepped into a throw Im sure he has enough strength for the NFL.

As far as the best pro prospect of the big three, Id say its about even between McCoy and Bradford. Where they go will make all the difference.
LOL. That's a pretty big "if". The Pats can dink & dunk because they have the ultimate deep ball threat in Moss and a QB who can air it out in any weather condition.

I think it's Bradford & Claussen and then everyone else. Bradford is accurate with enough arm strength. Claussen has the arm and the benefit of playing in a pro style offense. Jacory has had 2 good games under his belt. He doesn't deserve to be on this list yet.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #37
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

I think its funny people like to smack Bradford like he is just another "Danny Wuerffel" type QB who only has success due to his team he is on, and the offense he runs.
The guy has great accuracy, a solid arm, mobile, incredibly smart, has good size, basically everything you want in a QB.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

Are you serious ? Throwing Jacory Harris's name into the ring all ready ?

I think it all depends on what organization everyone is drafted to. If you don't have the coaches to develop young talent and prepare them for the NFL, it doesn't matter how much potential someone has.

Assuming that they all go to a worthy organization, I would have to go with Colt McCoy. All three (I say this because I refuse to speak on Jacory Harris right now) are talented quarterbacks and It's hard to pick a definite favorite, but McCoy just looks like an NFL quarterback.

I'd also give the nod to Jake Locker like some others have..
Old 10-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #39
MVP

cquigley's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
I think its funny people like to smack Bradford like he is just another "Danny Wuerffel" type QB who only has success due to his team he is on, and the offense he runs.
The guy has great accuracy, a solid arm, mobile, incredibly smart, has good size, basically everything you want in a QB.
Of course you'd say that. Look at your avatar. It's OK.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:47 AM   #40
Rookie

I know Tebow might not have the best overall arm, and he plays in a gimmick offense, but I just can't see him failing with his natural ability as well as his work ethic, leadership, character and toughness.

Give him to a coach that could progress his skills, and he could be a monster.

Here's to hoping he doesn't get drafted by a bad coached team will little supporting cast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »