Home

2010 Quarterback Prospects

This is a discussion on 2010 Quarterback Prospects within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best 2010 Quarterback Prospect
Sam Bradford, Oklahoma* 19 25.33%
Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame* 5 6.67%
Max Hall, BYU 1 1.33%
Tim Hiller, Western Michigan 0 0%
Colin Kaepernick, Nevada* 0 0%
Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan 2 2.67%
Jake Locker, Washington* 15 20.00%
Colt McCoy, Texas 8 10.67%
Tony Pike, Cincinnati 8 10.67%
Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State 1 1.33%
Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic 0 0%
Jevan Snead, Ole Miss* 5 6.67%
Tim Tebow, Florida 10 13.33%
Adam Weber, Minnesota* 0 0%
Juice Williams, Illinois 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2009, 04:38 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: 2010 Quarterback Prospects

Most of these guys you can't make an argument for;

Bradford: Good arm Strength and amazing accuracy, has played in a bit under-center, so he is a 1st rounder if he overcomes his injury.

Clausen: Good Arm Strength, Play in a pro-style offense. 1st rounder.

Hall: Plays under center, not a great decision maker.

Hiller: Bad arm strength, Plays in Pro-style, good mobility (underrated), Good accuracy. 3-5th rounder.

Locker: Good Strength, Pro-style offense, good mobility. 2-3rd?

McCoy: Overrated mobility, only good if he goes to a system like McDaniels'.

Snead: The best QB in the class I think, Great arm strength, Plays in pro-style offense, will get even better.

Tebow: No touch on passes, floats deep ball, some of the worst footwork ever, left-handed, possibly best intangibles for a future rookie, punishing runner.

Those are the only guys I would consider as a good quarter back prospects for next year, every one else isn't really in consideration.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #50
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Did you see Jake Locker today? He would've led the Huskies to victory is his receivers could catch passes that hit them on the hands. The guy looks like the real deal. If he was on Oklahoma or USC, he'd be as good as Tebow. Locker should be a first round pick simply based on the fact that he's a strong armed, athletic QB playing in a pro style offense.

The fact that he's carrying a mediocre team to respectability is what really impresses me. Guys like Vince Young and Matt Leinart who never had to deal with heart breaking defeat week in week out have had difficulty adjusting to the parity of the pro game. Meanwhile, Cutler, who played on a weak Vanderbilt team, has looked like the brightest of that year's QBs. If NFL teams want a guy like Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy who have never really been challenged, they can be my guest. I'll stick to Jake Locker.
I get the point that Young obviously hasn't dealt well with losing, and Leinart hasn't really gotten much of a chance. And yes, Cutler has looked like the best QB of those 3, but he hasn't adjusted well to the parity of the NFL either. He's been extremely immature and reckless so far in his NFL career. Leinart hasn't really failed to deal with losing so much as he just hasn't been good enough to get the starting job. And Vince, well I think he was the best QB in that class based on his ability to win games, you're right, he's really struggled mentally since coming to the NFL. But I think the argument that I bolded is kind of a wash. I think it's just worked out that Cutler's been the best statistically speaking.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
Most of these guys you can't make an argument for;

Bradford: Good arm Strength and amazing accuracy, has played in a bit under-center, so he is a 1st rounder if he overcomes his injury.

Clausen: Good Arm Strength, Play in a pro-style offense. 1st rounder.

Hall: Plays under center, not a great decision maker.

Hiller: Bad arm strength, Plays in Pro-style, good mobility (underrated), Good accuracy. 3-5th rounder.

Locker: Good Strength, Pro-style offense, good mobility. 2-3rd?

McCoy: Overrated mobility, only good if he goes to a system like McDaniels'.

Snead: The best QB in the class I think, Great arm strength, Plays in pro-style offense, will get even better.

Tebow: No touch on passes, floats deep ball, some of the worst footwork ever, left-handed, possibly best intangibles for a future rookie, punishing runner.

Those are the only guys I would consider as a good quarter back prospects for next year, every one else isn't really in consideration.
I'm with you on pretty much all of this. Bradford, Snead, Pike and Clausen are probably my top four, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »