Home

Week 4: Seattle @ Indianapolis

This is a discussion on Week 4: Seattle @ Indianapolis within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Week 4: Seattle @ Indianapolis

Probably not that interesting of a game to some people, but I'm excited for it. Can't wait to see how the crowd reacts to Edgerrin James goin back to Indy. This will be his first visit to Indy and his first time playing the Colts since he left for Arizona in 2006. Hopefully the crowd gives him a warm welcome because he did some wonderful things for us when he was here.

Anyway, as for the Colts, offensively I think we'll be fine. I don't think Peyton will have too much of a problem against the Seahawks D. Defensively, for the Colts, I'm not too worried about the Seahawks running wild on the ground against our defense, which is what everyone tries to do. Seattle doesn't have any quick elusive backs that seem to always burn the Colts D. I think they'll be forced to throw the ball to beat us if Peyton can get us the lead early. Matt Hasselbeck is injured and I don't know much about Seneca Wallace. If Wallace can manage the game and limit turnovers I think they'll be able to move the ball especially with Freeney out this game.. and Bob Sanders, but that's always expected. I'm expecting a solid game and somewhat close throughout. But I wouldn't be surprised if it gets ugly and the Colts run away with it.

27-17, Colts.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 4: Seattle @ Indianapolis

This could get ugly. Just way too many injuries to way too many key players to have a chance to do much, I think. I really hope I'm proven wrong.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #3
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

in Indy, no hasselbeck....though 'hawks D isnt too bad, no way colts lose this one as they roll to 4-0

Colts 24-10
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Unlikely Seattle can even get 10 points as their main QB is out and their 2nd string QB sucks. Their kicker also cant make 35 yd FGs. lol

Could be a shutout!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Not to mention 4/5 of our starting offensive linemen are out (plus the third string LT replacing Jones/Locklear has an injured groin), leaving just a rookie guard as the only remaining starter. Plus our top two LBs and two of our top CBs. Could be 40-0

Although in all honesty, the backups have played relatively well. Seneca, though he made some huge mistakes last week, still did his best to keep plays alive with his legs. Like I said, with the offensive line completely decimated, he was able to scramble around to avoid being sacked most of the time. And the defense held up surprisingly well, in my opinion. Now granted, the Bears aren't the Colts, and it was at home, but still. Gotta look for the positives somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Not to mention 4/5 of our starting offensive linemen are out (plus the third string LT replacing Jones/Locklear has an injured groin), leaving just a rookie guard as the only remaining starter. Plus our top two LBs and two of our top CBs. Could be 40-0
Damn I didn't know you guys had that many injuries. What's with you guys gettin hit with so many injuries these last couple years? lol seriously.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Damn I didn't know you guys had that many injuries. What's with you guys gettin hit with so many injuries these last couple years? lol seriously.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Two straight years of an over the top number of injuries. It's getting scary.

I blame it on the new state of the art practice facility. It's making them all soft
Old 10-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

I really do not know about this game.

It is a game that everyone is pretty much laughing at and expecting Indy to dominate. My feeling is that usually when that happens they play well below the expectations.

I *think* Indy should easily win and the offense should roll on these guys but usually when I think something will happen concerning Indy the opposite happens.

As for injuries, it'd be nice if JUST ONCE the media/fans would grasp that Indy continually has injury issues. I honestly think people who do not follow the team just look at the record and figure they are always healthy when they haven't been for years. It's weird how with many other teams injuries are always mentioned. Wes Welker misses a couple games and that is blown up but Manning is playing with 2 rookies (I know garcon is in his 2nd year but he's basically a rookie) and nobody cares. The Pats or other playoff team has a few starters go down and you'd think their entire line-up is injured. Indy can have 7 starters out (happened a number of games in 2007) and nobody cares.

Make no mistake, I know Seattle is more injured going into this game but it isn't like Indy won't be without some key guys. I am predicting these guys will be out and probably a few other backups:

Bob Sanders (obviously out)
Anthony Gonzalez (obviously out)
Dwight Freeney
Gary Brackett
Kelvin Hayden

So that would be 5 starters and all are pretty good players. That Indy is able to still do well with their injuries should make people be mildly impressed with the roster/coaching rather than assume they are always healthy. I'd say with certainty no other team that has similar injuries does as well as Indy does.

Still having said that, again, I know Seattle is far more beat up and no way am I trying to say the injury issues are equal.

I just hope Indy comes out strong and does what they should do....and Manning has another monster game with 300+ yards and 2+ tds and 100+ rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »